• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

demensions of the beer holder

Started by doubled, November 20, 2008, 01:15:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doubled

I am planning on making beer can chicken. Can anyone tell me what the height is of the beer holder. I decided to make my own but don't know what the height would be.

Gizmo

You only need it tall enough to hold the can of beer and wide enough to make it stable.

But if you really want to know,
The base is 7 inches in diameter.
The height of the can holder part is 5 inches tall.  The can doesn't go all the way to the bottom.
There are many variations and this is just one of them.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

westexasmoker

Welcome to the forum doubled!

I picked mine up at Home Depot, I think they were like two or three bucks!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

beefmann

welcome to forum Doubled and these guys have you  set

La Quinta

Just use a can of beer...if you have a big chicken...use a tall boy...if not...use a regular old can of beer...no biggie...don't go crazy with dimensions...just make sure the chicken can remain upright...and don't mess with it...somebody invented beer can chicken to be just THAT...A CHICKEN YOU SIT ON A CAN OF BEER...have fun with it.... :)

Smoking Duck

Well, let's see.....I'm 6'2" and 225 pounds.  My wife says beauty is in the eye of the beerholder.....I wonder why she drinks a lot?? ??? :o ;D

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Smoking Duck on November 22, 2008, 05:02:33 AM
Well, let's see.....I'm 6'2" and 225 pounds.  My wife says beauty is in the eye of the beerholder.....I wonder why she drinks a lot?? ??? :o ;D

Just make sure she isn't planing on shoving a beer can up yours and grilling you SD!!! ;D
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Smoking Duck

Let there be no mistake or misbelief:  I'm sure the thought has crossed her mind  ;D  But, wouldn't that make me more the chicken than the beerholder?  The alternative, sickening thought is where she'd put the chicken  :o :o :P

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra