• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Share Your Thanksgiving Day Turkey

Started by NePaSmoKer, November 27, 2008, 06:47:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

Have had our bird in for 1.5 hrs @325*. It is @144*. Lowering to 180* to get some smoke with hickory/maple mix to an IT of 165*. After some smoke i will bump the heat to 225* for IT of 175*. After i lower digital to smoke for 1.5 hrs. The turkey looks small in the Traeger but it is a 18lb turkey.

1.5 hours shown

nepas

FLBentRider

This is a 14# bird. 4 hours of Apple @225F - 6 Total hours in the OBS

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

NePaSmoKer

Chickenfarmers Wife

~Jana~

Tenpoint5

I will never be allowed to post again I'm Afraid. I let my wife talk me into doing our #14 bird in the electric roaster. That sucker was done in 2 1/2 hours thigh was 197 IT. I was torked. The temp in the roaster was 360 but the broth in the bottom steamed the bird and super cooked it. Everything ended well and dinner was saved.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Consiglieri

Didn't get enough.  Just got back from the store with a 15# fresh bird.  Think I'll be doing the NSX Bill Apple Cider brine.  Can't wait for tomorrow. 
Consiglieri

FLBentRider

Quote from: Consiglieri on November 28, 2008, 02:13:26 PM
Didn't get enough.  Just got back from the store with a 15# fresh bird.  Think I'll be doing the NSX Bill Apple Cider brine.  Can't wait for tomorrow. 

Us too. We are waiting for the price to drop...
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

westexasmoker

This was yesterdays turkey, did a ham also for everyone but did'nt get a pic with the in and out of the hospital......God its nice to not be stressed now!  2 hours of smoke, yep JB not mesquite, I know...I know and then into the BE till we hit 170 in the breast pulled and tented!  The funny thing is we (wife and I) did'nt eat a bite yesterday.....just too dang tired!  But leftovers tonight are looking pretty darn good!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Smoking Duck

Looks great WTS and so happy to hear the good news about the little one!  Just a quick question.  I know you're a little off without using mesquite but is that a marshmellow coming out of the neck?

SD

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

westexasmoker

Quote from: Smoking Duck on November 28, 2008, 05:45:59 PM
Looks great WTS and so happy to hear the good news about the little one!  Just a quick question.  I know you're a little off without using mesquite but is that a marshmellow coming out of the neck?

SD

Gotta roast my marshmellows somewhere!  ;D  Nah, the neck was stuffed with onion and the cavity with lemon and oranges!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

iceman

I got to sneak into town for Thanksgiving and smoke up a few birds. Weather was mid twenties, light snow and company was great. Hope you all had a wonderful time also.

Click on pictures to enlarge.