• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Help with Xmas packaging

Started by KyNola, November 29, 2008, 01:22:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyNola

You guys have all been at this a lot longer than I have so I am once again turning to your wealth of knowledge.  Any ideas on how to package smoked goodies for Xmas gifts?  Most of what I will be giving away will be vac sealed and I hate the way the vac seal bags look as gifts.  Not very festive.

All of your help and suggestions will be much appreciated.

KyNola

Smoking Duck

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

Mr Walleye

KyNola

When I read your post this just popped out of my feeble brain!  :o

Anyway, I'll try to explain. You know how you have the larger tag end (top) of the bag and the seal is back an inch or two. I was thinking you could print and cut heavier paper in such a fashion that you could fold it in half and staple it to the top tag portion of the bag. You could also use the backer boards in the bags that some of the guys here on the forum have talked about.

You could get really festive and put a Christmas family photo on it with your well wishes for the season.

Just a thought...

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Smoking Duck

Mike,

I like the sensitive side you're showing......you old artsy fartsy kind of guy  ;D

SD

Mr Walleye

Quote from: Smoking Duck on November 29, 2008, 01:36:53 PM
Mike,

I like the sensitive side you're showing......you old artsy fartsy kind of guy  ;D

SD

I suppose LQ is going to see this too!  ::)

Mike

Habanero Smoker

Mike,

That's a great idea. I used to just fold it under and tape it. Inserting a name tag or message works better. Instead of stapling it, those with the seal only feature can seal the end.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

KyNola

SD,
Thanks dude, I found that link right after I posted the help request.  Tried to call them today.  No answer in CA.

Mike, thanks for your suggestion as well.  That's a great idea.  My wife is all into scrapbooking/stamping so we have more colored paper than you can shake a stick at.  I will now turn that part of the project over to her.

KyNola

pensrock

I just ordered fifty of the smoker mounting boards in the gold/silver color. I plan to package sliced canadian bacon and smoked pepperoni on one side and sliced cheese on the other. Should make a nice xmas gift. I like the idea of the sealed in name tag. I can custom make them on the puter too. You guys are full of it... errr I mean full of great ideas.  ;) :D

westexasmoker

Quote from: Mr Walleye on November 29, 2008, 02:02:57 PM
Quote from: Smoking Duck on November 29, 2008, 01:36:53 PM
Mike,

SD

I suppose LQ is going to see this too!  ::)

Mike

HeeeHeeeHee!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Mr Walleye

Shhhhh.... Westex!

I may have to change my name now!

Mike

Smoking Duck

I've got a suggestion or two:

Instead of Mr. Walleye, you can be:

Mr. Sensitive
Mr. Sweet Side
Mr. Artsy Fartsy
or we could just go with my personal favorite:

Mr. Light in the Loafers

Feel free to add to this list..........  I do remember Mike jumping all over the giggling like a school girl thingy awhile back  ;) ;D

Mr Walleye

LMAO.... Your killin' me here SD!  :D  :D  ;D

Mike

Smoking Duck

Only figuratively, my friend.  Anyone that catches walleyes like you do is still man enough for me  ;D

pensrock

You guys are crazy, I'm LMAO here.  ;D ;D ;D

LilSmoker

QuoteMr. Sensitive
Mr. Sweet Side
Mr. Artsy Fartsy
or we could just go with my personal favorite:

Mr. Light in the Loafers

On a serious note, the mounting boards do make for a better presentation, wonder if they make pink ones? 

LilSmoker....
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes