• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Shoulder Getting Ready

Started by NePaSmoKer, December 01, 2008, 07:45:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

Getting thawed for some smoke tomorow. Its going to get injected with some homemade sauce and rubbed with my own rub  ;D Prob going into the traeger with maple/hickory

nepas

Tenpoint5

Here I thought your shoulder was getting ready for surgery or something! lol Should be good I have one thawing as well.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on December 01, 2008, 07:52:25 AM
Here I thought your shoulder was getting ready for surgery or something! lol Should be good I have one thawing as well.

I wish it was getting ready to be cut on  lol. Doc says i need to do some PT to loosen it up some, tear has given me what they call frozen shoulder  :D  :D kinda funny aint it

I dont have enough pucks to use my bs. ya think i should be plenty stocked  :D :D

nepas

NePaSmoKer

I cut the skin off the shoulder leaving some fat.

Then i mixed up my wet rub recipe  ;D

Here is the shoulder all rubbed with the wet.

Going in at 8pm for 16/18 hours @180* with a mix of hickory/maple

nepas

Smokin Soon

Ok, Nepa this Traeger thing is interesting! When you decide to mix your smoke flavor, is it just a matter of loading the hopper with the diff. pellets?

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Smokin Soon on December 01, 2008, 05:05:31 PM
Ok, Nepa this Traeger thing is interesting! When you decide to mix your smoke flavor, is it just a matter of loading the hopper with the diff. pellets?

What i do is mix 10 lbs of each together in a bucket, then fill the pellet hopper.

nepas

Tenpoint5

Nepas, I couldn't wait for my ham to be completed so I cut the BB into pork Steaks and seasoned them. Onto the grill they went. They was awesome. the yardapes polished off 4 big steaks by themselves. What am I going to do when they get to be teeny boppers? Buy 2 hogs and 2 beeves I guess.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on December 01, 2008, 05:53:14 PM
Nepas, I couldn't wait for my ham to be completed so I cut the BB into pork Steaks and seasoned them. Onto the grill they went. They was awesome. the yardapes polished off 4 big steaks by themselves. What am I going to do when they get to be teeny boppers? Buy 2 hogs and 2 beeves I guess.

:D :D :D :D :D

nepas

deb415611

you are in trouble   ;D   I only have one and he eats from the time he gets up until he goes to bed............. I shop at Costco & BJs.   

Tenpoint5

Quote from: deb415611 on December 01, 2008, 06:34:30 PM

you are in trouble   ;D   I only have one and he eats from the time he gets up until he goes to bed............. I shop at Costco & BJs.   

Deb,
Its a good thing I live in Iowa where the Hogs and Beef are plentiful, Living in a farming community helps as well. Get good prices for animals on the hoof. Then take em to the locker plant. Things shouldn't be too bad I do have One Girl and one of the boy's tries to act like he don't like meat. Must be the Schwan's man's Kid. Least thats what I tell Momma when he says he doesn't want any meat!!

NePaSmoKer

Shoulder went in at 8pm 12/01. Pic taken 545am 12/02. Air temp 25*, Smoker temp 180*

nepas

FLBentRider

Quote from: deb415611 on December 01, 2008, 06:34:30 PM

I've got four.. Sams _is_ my grocery store.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

deb415611

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on December 01, 2008, 06:46:22 PM
[one of the boy's tries to act like he don't like meat. Must be the Schwan's man's Kid. Least thats what I tell Momma when he says he doesn't want any meat!!

Mine was a vegetarian for about 5 years - He has eaten 7 years worth of meat in the last two years ;D. 

FL -  I wouldn't want your grocery bill.....

We keep giving my son a hard time about how good he has it.  I bought him some ramen noodle a few weeks ago & we told him that we were getting him ready for college & after...   

Tenpoint5

Nepas,
That looks down right Awesome.

I got to thinking when my doctor said that I had a small tear in my rotorcuff. I went to my Chiropractor and talked to him about it, he adjusted my neck  C5 was out and did some Lazer light therapy on the shoulder for a week. Pain was gone and it really helped with the range of motion. Just a thought might be worth a visit to check out the Lazer light thing anyhow.I haven't had any problems in a year.

deb415611