Hey Consigs......

Started by Smoking Duck, December 05, 2008, 12:16:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smoking Duck

Any good recipes out of that Italian cookbook you were telling me about?

Additionally, I was at a store with the wife today and came across this little tidbit:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_7453592_1?ie=UTF8&docId=1000272031&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=hero-quick-promo&pf_rd_r=0PYKVVVRK2KMDXF73TBE&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=435587801&pf_rd_i=0307346595

You had any experience with her stuff?  I checked out some recipes which looked pretty dang good and I sure wouldn't mind swapping some cooking secrets with her!  Mamma Mia!

SD

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

Mr Walleye

Quote from: Smoking Duck on December 05, 2008, 12:16:45 PM
You had any experience with her stuff?SD

Nope!

But her "stuff" Looks good!  ::)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Smoking Duck

Mike, Mike, Mike, Mike, Mike..............

I, for one, am appalled.  To judge a woman based on her looks is beyond the pale.  :-[ :-[ :-[

But, I do like her Cannolli's  :o ;D ;D ;D

Consiglieri

Quote from: Smoking Duck on December 05, 2008, 12:16:45 PM
Any good recipes out of that Italian cookbook you were telling me about?

Additionally, I was at a store with the wife today and came across this little tidbit:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_7453592_1?ie=UTF8&docId=1000272031&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=hero-quick-promo&pf_rd_r=0PYKVVVRK2KMDXF73TBE&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=435587801&pf_rd_i=0307346595

You had any experience with her stuff?  I checked out some recipes which looked pretty dang good and I sure wouldn't mind swapping some cooking secrets with her!  Mamma Mia!

SD

I need to sit down with that Batali book and give a few recipes a try.  They look really good, but I haven't been able to try them out yet.  I'll need to report back.  I'll scan the table of contents so that you can decide if there's anything particular you'd like to check out. 

As to Giada, one of my partners gave me a copy of that book last Xmas.  His wife said the recipes were great.  He said, "She can cook, and SHE'S HOT!"  I wonder how much of her food she actually eats though. 

She sure is a lot more fun to watch that Mario, but I don't have to explain anything to Mrs. Consiglieri when I'm watching him.   ;)
Buon Natale.
Consiglieri

Buck36

We own all her books and the recipes are easy to prepare. My favorite is the Short Ribs with Tagliatelle. You got to try it with the chocolate!!!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/short-ribs-with-tagliatelle-recipe/index.html

Smoking Duck

I said the same exact thing to my wife: "She can cook and SHE'S HOT!"  In fact, I said she was hotter than Nepas peppers and the burn on the tongue would be worth it.  It was then that my wife wished the onset of diabetes would come quicker  ;) ;D

I would never learn a thing from her cooking show.  She's easier on the eyes than Mario but I actually pay attention when Mario cooks.

SD

Buck36

Quote from: Smoking Duck on December 05, 2008, 05:47:28 PM

I would never learn a thing from her cooking show.  She's easier on the eyes than Mario but I actually pay attention when Mario cooks.

SD

.....just means you have to watch her...I mean the show again!  ;) ;D

HCT

I've used a few of Giada's recipes and they were right on target. Most were basically easy.
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

Consiglieri

Table of contents is pretty generic, but there are some interesting recipes and cooking techniques.  There are some recipes for cooking items on a piastra (essentially a marble gridle), such as mussels.  And some more classic types of things like rosemary rotisserie prime rib, chicken diavolo, chicken cooked under a brick, stuffed rotisserie turkey breast, steak florentine.

There some neat other recipes that look a bit more adventurous. 

The book is easy to read and gives simple instruction.  I think I'm going to be using it quite a bit, once I unwrap it at Christmas. 
Consiglieri

La Quinta

You guys just make me shake my head back and forth  :D...men are quite facinating...ANYHOO...I give her a lot of credit...she comes from (obviously) a very influential movie industry family...pissed off grandpa and Mom and Dad and chose culinary school. Her biography is pretty interesting...

Smokin Soon

I did not even know she can cook! Sorry LQ!

Consiglieri

Oh, gosh, LQ I haven't been posting for so long I don't know what to say. Well, except that Mother Nature is a powerful force and that b!tch has us behaving just as she intended.   ;D

Now I know that you know that I'm a smart aleck....

Anyway, all jests aside, Batali has a nice book that moves beyond the expected.  There's some cool cooking stuff, particularly about some different cooking techniques, like hot cooking on a piastra.   I seem to recall tha tyou and Bobster lean towards the adventurous.   I think you'd enjoy this book.

As for Giada, us guys are pigs.   And as you also know from the many posts on this site, when dealing with pigs all you have to do is slather us in common yellow mustard, massage in enough of your favorite pork rub, and apply enough low and slow smoke to... Oh heck, I just couldnt' resist having a little more fun.  Seriously, check out the book; you'll like it.

As for Giada, she can cook and can smile.  But I don't recall seeing her eat her food.  Her own private hell. 

As for the poor attitude, I owe you a cerveza and I recommend Anchor Brewery's Our Special Brew. 

Have fun, as always. 
Consiglieri

nickld

I've been admiring Giada for a long time now.... Does she cook too?

Smoking Duck

Quote from: nickld on December 07, 2008, 05:51:55 PM
I've been admiring Giada for a long time now.... Does she cook too?

Does it matter?  ;D ;D ;D

La Quinta

???  ???  ??? MEN...ya know there are chicks that can cook too!!!  ::)