• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

just ordered my first smoker OBS.

Started by buckeye chuck, December 08, 2008, 06:45:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buckeye chuck

well i was just getting ready to purchase a competitor's smoker through cabelas when i noticed they just put the OBS on sale for the same amount so i went with it instead can't wait to open this baby christmas morning i got a about 60 pounds of venison from a deer i harvested saturday... mmmmmmm jerky.... ;D this sight looks like it will be very helpful with my new hobby, what would be some good accessory's to get to go with it?

Smokin Soon

Welcome to the forum BC! yer gonna love it here. Plenty of friendly advice from some really good people. There are a lot of goodies you can buy, but start with the basics an go from there. The first is a Maverick
ET-73 thermometer. These guys are members and have a good price.
http://www.yardandpool.com/Maverick-Remote-ET-73-Smoker-Thermometer-p947.html

After stocking in a good supply of bisquettes to see what you like, you can add from there.

westexasmoker

Welcome to the forum Chuck!

A maverick et-73 is a must have, and build or buy a pid thats probably the coolest thing I ever added to the toys (I mean tools)  and of course lots and lots of mesquite wood!  ;D  Your gonna love your OBS, good luck and keep us posted!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

buckeye chuck

oh good call.... that is a trick toy ;D

beefmann

buckeye,

welcome to the forum and your gonna love your bradley...

La Quinta

Please just listen to WTS about the additions to help you smoke your fare...his choice of wood is suspect at best...now Hickory on the other hand is a choice product!!!  ;D

The good news is...smoke with what you like...just let us know if we can help out in any way!! Welcome to the forum!!!

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum buckeye chuck!

You're gonna love the food that comes out of your new Christmas "toy"
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

HCT

Welcome BC. This is a great place to learn just about anything.
Enjoy
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

sherlock

Welcome to our world
Now the fun begins ;D

What I like so much about the site is the abundance of help available from our fellow members. Any question you may have, somebody out there knows the answer and is willing to share it.

You will love the site and become addicted as most of us have.

Tenpoint5

BC welcome to the forum. Iffen it was me, I'd be conning Momma/ or just plain oll snaking that smoker out from under the tree and smoking up some X-mass dinner. That's what I would do. Of course you have to do some practice before you impress the guests so get it out now why wait. ;D ;D
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

NePaSmoKer

Welcome BC

You will love your BS. I dont use a maverick because i have a raptor/guru hooked to my bs.

Enjoy your christmas present and Hapy Holidays.

BTW I work at cabelas, were you looking at the Masterbuilt smoker

nepas

bradyl2000

If you have a Linens and Things nearby, they are all going out of business. I was able to pick up a maverick for about 20 bucks. Haven't gotten the chance to use it yet, but look forward to.

NePaSmoKer

I didnt like the maverick, seems like you had to have a straight line of sight and my smoker was over 200 ft away.

nepas

hillbillysmoker

Welcome to the forum. As you can see there are plenty of friendly folks here. I know you will fit right in.
May the fragrance of thin blue smoke always grace your backyard.

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

buckeye chuck

yes, the masterbuilt was what i was going to buy  :D hopefully i made a better choice going with the OBS .