• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Butt Stomping Barbecue Sauce

Started by Smoking Duck, December 13, 2008, 01:37:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smoking Duck

If yinz guys are at all like me (well, in a smoking sort of way  ;) ) I'm always looking for a new sauce or rub to try.  I came across this and thought this might be a decent sauce to try.  I pulled it off of allrecipes.com, so I can't take credit for it but it sure sounds like it would be a sweet and hot sauce for ribs or anything else you might want to put some BBQ sauce on.  If you give it a try, I'd sure like to hear how it comes out.  Hey Pensrock, I might need to borrow a habanero!

INGREDIENTS (Nutrition)
2 tablespoons butter
1 small onion, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 cup chili sauce
1 cup pineapple juice
1/2 cup crushed pineapple
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons dry mustard
1 pinch pepper
2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
1 habanero pepper, seeded and chopped
1/2 cup bourbon whiskey

DIRECTIONS
Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onions, and saute until they are transparent. Stir in the garlic, wine vinegar, chili sauce, pineapple juice, pineapple, brown sugar, and lemon juice. Season with Worcestershire sauce, dry mustard, pepper, hot pepper sauce, and habanero pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes.
Stir in the bourbon, and simmer for an additional 10 minutes. Store in the refrigerator.

SD

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

Mr Walleye

It does sound good SD. I'm not a big fan of pineapple but blended in it might not be bad. I'd also be interested hearing any reports if someone tries it.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Smokin Soon

Not much there not to like! Garlic,onion,bourbon. I will give that a try.

Smoking Duck

Quote from: Mr Walleye on December 13, 2008, 01:50:19 PM
It does sound good SD. I'm not a big fan of pineapple but blended in it might not be bad. I'd also be interested hearing any reports if someone tries it.

Mike

That was my only reservation about it as well.  I think chopped up in a food processor might help it a little as well  ???  Maybe even leave it out?  Perhaps switching it with mango or papaya?  In the words of Kramer:  "It's the papaya, Jerry"

SD

pensrock

SD, I have some smoke/dried habs I can send ya. Or if you really want to kick it up a copuple dried Nagas!!  ;) ;D

As far as the pineapple goes, it sounds really good but by looking at the ingredients if you leave the fruit out it still sounds like a great sauce. I just got a fresh order of Ice's sauce last week so I'm good for a while, but I will give this a try sometime.

Smoking Duck

I might take you up on the Habs but I'd rather not spend the better part of a week in the bathroom because of the Nagas!  :o :o

I think you're right about leaving the fruit out.

SD

pensrock

When I actually try it, I'll use the pineapple because I love it. If it turns out too sweet, the next time I'll modify it more to my liking. Most of the time I follow a recipe to the letter then make changes the next batch.

Smoking Duck

I had 2 cases of Ice's sauce a little while back.....little by little as friends would come to visit, it would mysteriously come up missing.  Out of 2 cases, I only got 1 jar of it to use.   >:( Gonna have to start patting my friends down as they leave from now on.  Now, I try and make my own but put a different label on it so they leave the stuff alone  ;) ;D

Savannahsmoker

I know I could pick up some tricks here.  Maybe more bourbon, in the glass while making the sauce.

pensrock

It goes without saying that you must sample the bourbon for taste during the sauce making process. I'm mean you would just hate to put low quality bourbon into your sauce, by continiously sampling you insure top quality when finished.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!  ;D

FLBentRider

I'd leave in the pineapple, but leave out the worchestershire.

I might have to give this sauce a try.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

HCT

Thanks Duck, I'm always looking for new bbq sauces. :)
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

Smoking Duck

No problem, HCT.  If you make it, I'd really like to hear your review of it.

SD

HCT

Will do Duck, I'm prolly be making in in the next day or 2, or if I have time today. I'm going to use the asian chili sauce, should increase the heat somewhat. I luvs that heat!!! :D :D :D
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

Dex

Quote from: Smoking Duck on December 13, 2008, 03:31:11 PM
I had 2 cases of Ice's sauce a little while back.....

Im newer to the sit and Ive read quite a bit about Ice's sause/rub. Where can I get some? I take it that its good?  :P