Smoked Ham Loaf

Started by seemore, December 18, 2008, 06:03:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seemore

Here is what we did for dinner tonight, adding our own touch to a friend's oven recipe.  We combined 2 pounds of ground ham, 2 eggs, 1 cup of bread crumbs, and 1 1/2 C milk.
We lined a loaf pan with plastic wrap, then formed the loaf in the pan and put it in the fridge to set.
When ready to smoke, we inverted the loaf pan on top of a smoking rack and cooked it at 225 in the Bradley for 2 1/2 hours with hickory.  Here is what it looked like:

The next time we cook this, we will put less milk in there.  It was very crumbly, even after letting it set.
By the way, we served it with leftover Syracuse salt potatoes - still just as good the second time around!!!

Smoking Duck

Very nice Seemores!  I like the way you guys come up with new stuff.  Sometimes I struggle with finding new things to try for the family.  You're making it easier on me! 

Sd

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

Smokin Soon

That looks really good. In the sausage world they use lowfat dry milk as a binder sometimes, I wonder if using that instead of milk would help. It gives me an idea to grind in some canadian bacon with my next fatty!

seemore

Thanks, SS!  This is why we put this out on the forum - because every time we have made this it falls apart when we take it off the smoking rack.
We will try the dry milk next time and let you know how it turns out.