• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Honey BBQ Chicken wings

Started by Stargazer, December 20, 2008, 08:29:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stargazer

This is more fun then I could imagine, smoking with my Bradley.

I just wanted to share this.

Note: Please note this is Not my recipe or creation. I only followed the combined recipes of experienced members here on the forum, and slightly modified just a little. So if these look good, the credit goes to you guys here :D

Started wings by marinading in Italian dressing over night. Not sure if they needed to marinade that long or not, but the results were real good at the end.

Next, laid wings out and seasoned with a little chili powder, cumin and crushed mustard. Didn't sauce up until almost time to pull out of smoker. One rack shows a few chicken tenders, and did two racks of chicken tenders as well. However me, dad and uncle agree the bone in were a lot better and more tender.

After about 3 hours smoking over hickory, I mopped them down with some KC Masterpiece Honey BBQ sauce to get sticky.

Just showing I have my drip guard in the right way this time heh  8)

Out of the smoker. I read here on the forums from more experience members they sometimes grill, bake or deep fry the wings at the very end to crisp up the fat, and not to have as rubbery texture with the chicken. I may be wrong on this way of thinking, and please correct me if I am, but I figured if I give the wings a mopping down with sauce first, then after the smoke, deep fry them with a sticky glazed on sauce, might help sink into the meat some.

The result was actually very good, but I am not sure if it was my method or if doing another way is just as good. Like I said, these results are just from reading many postings here from experienced members is all.

Anyways, as for now, I deep fried the wings right out of the smoker for about 3 minutes only, as just to crisp up the fat only, and maybe sink the sauce more into the meat.

Here are the results of the first batch of wings out of the deep fryer. They did turn out really tasty. A lot better then wings I ever made before. My father and uncle agree too.

I did, add more sauce on top of these when they were completely finished to give more of an effect. I would love to make some hot wings, but have to do that when my father and uncle isn't around. Their not big on hot and spicy like I am. But these did come out excellent.

Just as a note, I sealed these and refrigerated them over night to let sit. Next day when we ate them, we dove into these like never before.

Want to say thank you to all the members for sharing your wing recipes on the forum here which is where I got every idea I used on this.

Now just need a good football game and some cold Sam Adams with these wings and I'm all set for the winter :D

Thanks again to all :)
Go here for all your smoke and grilling needs: http://www.yardandpool.com

Smoking Duck

Stargazer,

Well done!  I love the pictorial type of posts.  Maybe it's cause I've always liked books with a lot of pictures  ;D  No, it's cause I enjoy really good looking food!

Now, if you're looking for a good football game, there will be one on tomorrow at 1 pm when the Steelers put a thumping on the Tennessee Titans.  As for the beer, I'm gonna leave that for you to bring when you come up north a bit and visit me......and be sure to bring some wings.

Nice post, SG!

SD

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

Smokin Soon

Gazer, you are off and runnin! I'm a wing fanatic and that looks great!!   :D

Mr Walleye

Congrats Stargazer!

Looks excellent! You've got that dialed in!  ;)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

FLBentRider

Stargazer -

Those look great. I'm not sure my breakfast will do now....
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

deb415611

Quote from: Smoking Duck on December 20, 2008, 08:37:53 PM
Stargazer,

Well done!  I love the pictorial type of posts.  Maybe it's cause I've always liked books with a lot of pictures  ;D  No, it's cause I enjoy really good looking food!

SD

Me too, me too!!

Very nice Stargazer

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Stargazer on December 20, 2008, 08:29:36 PM

Note: Please note this is Not my recipe or creation. I only followed the combined recipes of experienced members here on the forum, and slightly modified just a little.

Slightly modified makes it your recipe!!! It looks like a damn good one as well!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

stillsmoking

Very fine looking wings Stargazer!  Looks like you knocked one out of the park.

firerescueman

QuoteNow, if you're looking for a good football game, there will be one on tomorrow at 1 pm when the Steelers put a thumping on the Tennessee Titans.

???  ???  ???  ???

We'll see about that!   :o

Jeff
God has a sense of humor....  Don't believe me?  go to WalMart and just LOOK at people!

Smoking Duck

Quote from: firerescueman on December 21, 2008, 08:33:54 AM
QuoteNow, if you're looking for a good football game, there will be one on tomorrow at 1 pm when the Steelers put a thumping on the Tennessee Titans.

???  ???  ???  ???

We'll see about that!   :o

Jeff
'
Hey Jeff,

We're gonna have to start putting them on the other hand after this year  ;D  I sure hope if for nothing else that it's a good game.  A lot of hype on this game and really want the game to meet the expectations.

SD

firerescueman

Hey Duck!

I notice you didn't jump right back in on this post after the Steeler's / Titan's game :P

I was just curious......  Who won?    I didn't get to see it but I heard a nasty rumor that the Steelers LOST!?   ::)

Just wondering.    Thought maybe you were hiding out of shame....   :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(

Just givin' u a hard time........  all in good fun ::)

Hope you are doing well and better luck next time ;)

Jeff
God has a sense of humor....  Don't believe me?  go to WalMart and just LOOK at people!

Smoking Duck

Jeff,

No, I'd forgotten about this post  :P........however, I did make comment to the horrible way the Steelers played in another post.  Titans looked like the better team this week. 

See you in the playoffs.  I'm a bear after a Steeler loss......won't even watch ESPN for two days afterwards because of it  ;D

SD

Savannahsmoker

I like your idea but instead of deep frying I am going crisp them up in the big easy.  Atlanta has a playoff spot who would have known that.  Will be watching Green Bay ,my team, and Chicago ,sons team, tonight.  Might need alot of beer for this one.

seemore

Stargazer, these look amazing!  Me and the Mrs are going to smoke them and fry them the next time we do wings too!  The Italian dressing would be a great marinade, too!