Smoked Chex Party Mix?

Started by seemore, December 22, 2008, 05:25:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seemore

Hi!  Mrs here.  I love Chex party mix, and make a spicy version with Tabasco sauce.
Traditionally I prepare it in the oven, but I was just wondering if anyone has ever tried to smoke it?
I might just have to give it a try........

deb415611

Hi Mrs. S

I haven't tried it but I bet it would be awesome.

deb

Smoking Duck

I think there was a thread on here about that if I'm not mistaken but I'm just not finding it with the search function.  Maybe someone else will remember.  Smoke and Tabasco.......you can't go wrong there!  :)

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

Gizmo

I have done 1 batch in the past.  I only did 20 or 40 minutes worth of smoke.  Been too long and don't remember which.  Was thinking about doing it again this year but won't have time or all the ingredients.  I used oak.  When I make the party mix (before smoker), I use liquid smoke.  I cut the amount of liquid smoke down a little as the smoke wasn't real strong from the smoker.  Give it a go and let us know what you're experience is. 
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

seemore

Thanks!  I might just have to try it this weekend.  And yes, I will let you know what we think of it..............

Smokin Soon

I was born and raised on chex party mix! I also dump in pretzel sticks and garlic bagel chips. Gotta make sure ya get at least 250 degree temp or you have to transfer to oven. I used apple smoke. Also a light sprinkle of fresh ground parmesan is nice right after you pull it!

seemore

That sounds good too.  Do you remember - and I am revealing my age here - when they used to put Cheerios cereal in the Chex mix?  Back in the Sixties and Seventies, I believe........

Smokin Soon

seemore, I remember that very well. And who the heck cares about age?? I'm 58 years old and dont really know why would anyone care!