Ribs are on!

Started by AggieBQ72, December 24, 2008, 12:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AggieBQ72

I just started a half rack of pork spare ribs.  They are on the next to the bottom rack in my DBS 4 rack oven.  I have the Maverick watching the temperature but so far it is really not stable inside.  The DBs is showing 209F and the Maverick that I checked the calibration with a boiling water test is at 280.  I opened the vent a little and turned the temp down 10F on the electronics for the oven.  I'm trying to get 250F.  The maverick oven thermometer is just under the second rack.  It just seems like when you spen $500 for this unit that the temperature gauge would be much more accurate.

I finished off the meal in the oven with a baked potato washed and then added course Sea Salt all over the wet skin and rolled it up in a wet paper bag.

Now if that temperature would stabilize!

I have picture before starting the smoke but can't figure out how to insert the picture....all I get is img][/img

Smokin Soon

Aggie, a half rack would be a appitizer here! On the pics, highlight the direct link under your pic in photobucket, right click and copy. In the img][img put the cursor between the ] and [ then just hit Ctr c or right click paste.

AggieBQ72

Ok now for the first photo!  I know it is just an appetizer to many on the forum but I wanted to test drive the DBS before next weekend when my sons and daughter-in-laws ..... and two grandsons are coming up.  I have a 12# brisket ready for them!

AggieBQ72

Supper was a ROARING success!!....except for the potato.  It was not large but after 3 hours it was not even beginning to get soft.  Ditched that potato and added some other vegatables.  Wife said half way through that she wished there had been more!  Now to start doing a full rack of ribs!

Sorry but there was no photo taken!  We were ready to eat and the photo op was lost!

FLBentRider

Full Rack ? around here it is 6 at a time, it takes up 8 bradley racks!

Nice looking grub.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Tenpoint5

Quote from: AggieBQ72 on December 24, 2008, 04:14:18 PM
Wife said half way through that she wished there had been more!  Now to start doing a full rack of ribs!

Congrats Aggie!! Smoking Soon tried to warn you to put some extra's in there.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Smoking Duck

Well done, Aggie.  However, ribs are like meth...........you can never get enough and when you're out of ribs, you develop more tics than a Lyme Disease research center  :o ;D

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

Caneyscud

Congrats Aggie!

I seasoned on Christmas and then did a big smoke - 1 boneless butt, 2 small boned butts, a full rack of spare ribs, 2 fatties and a couple of dozen moink balls.  Had to finish the spare ribs and 2 small butts in the oven a couple of days later, but everything came out real tasty.  Got some pics I will post later. 
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

pensrock

OK, I'll bite. What the heck are 'moink balls'?  ???

Gizmo

Hey Pen's are you sure you want to bite before knowing what they are?  ;D
Maybe just being curious is enough.    :D  :D
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Caneyscud

Oh, the wisemen of the Bradley Forum - wise to be wary!  ;)  I'd like to think of them as "Mike's oinkballs", but I didn't invent them. :'(  I'm sorry, I thought it was a universal term.   Pretty innocuous though - but some pretty good eats. ;D

Take precooked frozen meatballs
Thaw
Wrap good bacon around them
Secure bacon with a toothpick
Sprinkle on some of your favorite rub
Smoke (200 - 250) with your favorite flavor - "M" is OK, until bacon is almost done enough - meat is already cooked
Glaze with sauce (get creative) and finish the smoke until glaze is set

Taste pretty good!

Noticed that Jimmy Dean was making/selling premade sausage balls.  Bought a box to make moinkballs out of them.  But wifey actually did some cooking this weekend and it was the sausage balls.  Will have to wait to try them as moinkballs.  The fuministic gastronomic possibilities of moinkballs are similar to that of fatties!  Between types and flavors of meatballs/sausageballs/porkballs/fishballs/shrimpballs/crabballs/etcballs... combined with different rubs and glazes and even stuffing possibilities - mind-boggling!

Mike
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

Smoking Duck

I'll bet you thought they were gonna be Rocky Mountain Oysters, didn't ya Giz?  By the way, RMO's are awesome! 

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

Gizmo

Quote from: Smoking Duck on December 29, 2008, 06:59:38 PM
I'll bet you thought they were gonna be Rocky Mountain Oysters, didn't ya Giz?  By the way, RMO's are awesome! 

I was hoping.   ;D
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

FLBentRider

Smoked RMO's ?????

Hmmmmmmmmmmm...
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Tenpoint5

That's the first thought that ran through my mind.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!