Christmas Ham

Started by Tenpoint5, December 29, 2008, 02:05:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

Kinda Late posting been busier than a one legged man at a butt kicking contest.

Ham finished 30 mins prior to setting down for dinner, so I foiled it on the counter before slicing.

Coming out of the netting before foiling.

Cut the ham in half for slicing on the new DENI slicer that my mother got me for Christmas. (its in the background) Gonna have to keep the old one just for slicing bacon. The new one doesn't have the stroke to handle long strips of bacon.

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

seemore

Good to have you back, 10.5!  We missed ya!  The ham looks absolutely delicious!
We tried a fresh ham once;  it sure did not look like the one pictured above.
It became a pork roast.
Good, but not ham.  :(

Consiglieri

That looks fantastic.  Looks like it stayed juicy too. 
Consiglieri

Gizmo

It is hard to get the long strokers without buying the 500 lb commercial units.  ???
Wonder why they can't make them longer?  That has got to be the least expensive part of the whole slicer.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Consiglieri

Quote from: Gizmo on December 29, 2008, 05:00:38 PM
It is hard to get the long strokers without buying the 500 lb commercial units.  ???
Wonder why they can't make them longer?  That has got to be the least expensive part of the whole slicer.

I wonder if it has to do with the center of gravity and the likelihood of the slicer tipping backwards when fully loaded.  Seems like there could be some engineered solution though. 
Consiglieri

deb415611

Consiglieri

Quote from: deb415611 on December 29, 2008, 05:10:55 PM
Awesome ham 10.5

Deb

Yours looked pretty good in the "this weekend" thread too.  Where's the party? 
Consiglieri

seemore

Scott and I found out that he is only about one hour north of us, so we might just have to "crash the party!"

Stargazer

Oh wow 10.5, that ham looks incredible :)
Go here for all your smoke and grilling needs: http://www.yardandpool.com

HCT

That is a Great looking ham 10.5.
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

Piker

Amazing looking ham. I wish I had the room to brine one or dry cure. I guess I will start looking for another frig for my smokehouse.