• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Marinade

Started by Brother Bill, December 30, 2008, 10:23:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brother Bill

I put too much vinegar in my New Year's pork butt marinade. anyone have any suggestions how to neutralize it? Marinade contains: apple juice, vinegar, soy, garlic, hot sauce, Worchester,celery salt, & onion powder. I probably didn't need any cider vinegar. Maybe best to start over as I have the time, but didn't want to waste it if possible! Thanks much :(

Brother Bill

KyNola

Just my opinon but I would begin adding sugar a little at a time until you are satisfied with the flavor.

Just my opinion off the top of my head.

KyNola

Smoking Duck

I'd do the same as KY.  Just do it incrementally until the flavor you seek is desired.

SD

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

Brother Bill

Thanks Guys! sugar sounds like it would work fine. I'll let you know
BB

Brother Bill

Added granulated extra fine sugar a little at a time as suggested with electric beater. Tastes much better, also added a little more apple cider. I'll check in the AM before I use it. Can't aford to waste the good looking 6.5# Butt. Thanks again for your help. HAPPY NEW YEAR!

BB :)

Smoking Duck

Sugar cures a lot of ills.  Whenever I eat a hot pepper and the heat starts to get to me, I'll eat a teaspoon of sugar and that helps calm the tongue down to a more manageable heat level as well.

pensrock

Hey SD, I'll send you a pepper, you eat it and then eat all the sugar you want. Just make sure to video tape the whole thing and post it so we can all see.  ;D ;D

Just kidding.  ;) ::)

Smoking Duck

Hey Pens,

Please feel free to send said pepper.  I could use the seeds for next years crops.  Watched a video on youtube of a guy that ate 2 whole Nagas at one time.  I never did hear the ambulance in the background but I'm sure one was sent for  :o ;D