• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Spices in bulk

Started by JJC, January 04, 2005, 03:32:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JJC

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by BigSmoker</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by J2C</i>
<br />Just tried a commercial rub called Bad Byron's Butt Rub that was quite good!  Anyone else had any experience with it?  
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I rec'd some sample packs(of butt rub) from a friend that owns a grocery store.  IMHO it was overly salty.  I really like all the Dizzy Pig rubs for commercial bought.  They use fresh spices, no MSG, no anti-caking agents or fillers. I guess I'm prejudiced because I sell them but their coffee infused rub is hard to beat.  I did some frenched racks of lamb at Christmas with this rub and a prime rib with their beef rub.  Both were excellent but the coffe rub has a richness to it that is fabulous.

Jeff
www.bbqshopping.com
Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

Thanks, Big Smoker.  The Dizzy Pig rubs sound great.  Where can I get them--do you sell them on-line?

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

BigSmoker

Yes I sell them online @ //www.bbqshopping.com
Best procedure is to e-mail me @//[email protected]with your address and what you would like to purchase so I can get you a total including shipping.  The on-line store is sometimes a little off to the high side on shipping so I like to double check[:D].  I accept paypal and credit cards.  U.S. purchases ship UPS and Canadian and U.K. purchases ship USPS because of customs.

Jeff
www.bbqshopping.com
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

Chez Bubba

I know I posted this before on another thread, but if you're looking to buy spices bulk, just remember one thing.

A pound of peppercorns is maybe a 3 month supply. A pound of sage is a bale of hay![;)][B)][:0]

Better have a lot of friends & neighbors that like sage!

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

JJC

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Chez Bubba</i>
<br />I know I posted this before on another thread, but if you're looking to buy spices bulk, just remember one thing.

A pound of peppercorns is maybe a 3 month supply. A pound of sage is a bale of hay![;)][B)][:0]

Better have a lot of friends & neighbors that like sage!

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
Know what you mean, Kirk!  I bought 5# of pickling spice and it will be gone in 4-6 months.  Bought 2.5# of bay leaves and I've been giving them away by the baggie-ful to firends and neighbors and still have a 10-year supply--at least!

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

JJC

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by BigSmoker</i>
<br />Yes I sell them online @ //www.bbqshopping.com
Best procedure is to e-mail me @//[email protected]with your address and what you would like to purchase so I can get you a total including shipping.  The on-line store is sometimes a little off to the high side on shipping so I like to double check[:D].  I accept paypal and credit cards.  U.S. purchases ship UPS and Canadian and U.K. purchases ship USPS because of customs.

Jeff
www.bbqshopping.com

Hi Jeff,

Nice website!  Is it possible to order larger quantities from you than are advertised on the website?

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

xcowell

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by J2C</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by xcowell</i>
<br />www.tonycachere.com,creole seasonings very good and only 8.95 per gallon 7 lbs !
Hi X, welcome to the Forum!

Tony Cachere looks like its a website that links you to other websites selling spices and stuff.  Is that right?  If so, which site did you find the best?
I don't think so.
John
Newton MA

BigSmoker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by J2C</i>
Hi Jeff,

Nice website!  Is it possible to order larger quantities from you than are advertised on the website?

Thanks, its a work in progress.  I just need to know the amount of what you want in bulk and I'll shoot you a price[:D].  Happy Smokin'.

Jeff
www.bbqshopping.com

Bassman

Hello All,
I buy my spices from Spice Barn.So far it's been excellent quality with good prices.Last time I placed an order I got some fun spices like: Hickory smoked salt,worcestershire powder & horseradish powder.

<i><font color="blue"><b>Jack</i></font id="blue"></b>
Jack

JJC

<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by J2C</i>
Hi Jeff,

Thanks, its a work in progress.  I just need to know the amount of what you want in bulk and I'll shoot you a price[:D].  Happy Smokin'.

Jeff
www.bbqshopping.com

I'd be looking at 2-5# quantities of several of the rubs (Jamaican, Swamp Venom, Red Eye, and Dust).  The whisky chips look interesting, too.  I had a bag of Jim Beam chips that was terrific for grilling steaks and burgers.

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

JJC

<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by BigSmoker</i>
Hi Jeff,

Jeff
www.bbqshopping.com

I'd be looking at 2-5# quantities of several of the rubs (Jamaican, Swamp Venom, Red Eye, and Dust).  The whisky chips look interesting, too.  I had a bag of Jim Beam chips that was terrific for grilling steaks and burgers.

John
Newton MA
P.S.--If you prefer to shoot me an e-mail off-Forum, feel free to do so . . .

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

bologna man

I have used this spice company for some time now and have been pleased with their product. Price is right and you can get small to large quanities plus packing is in plastic shaker containers.
http://www.yeagerspice.com/

Rod

BigSmoker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bologna man</i>
<br />I have used this spice company for some time now and have been pleased with their product. Price is right and you can get small to large quanities plus packing is in plastic shaker containers.

Rod

A friend of mine who used to be in the rub business says these people are top notch.  Sorry I forgot to mention them

Jeff
//www.bbqshopping.com

[/url]

jwashoe

Hi!

I was talking to Kirk at Chezbubba and he suggested that although I've not yet managed to get my new smoker operational (combination of work & weather) he suggested it might be helpful to others in the UK to post the URL's of some places I've been buying spices in bulk. These are:
http://www.redmoor.net/
and
http://www.spiceworld.uk.com/
Redmoor deliver free for orders &gt; £30. Delivery was fairly quick from both and the product from both seems fine as far as I can tell.

Jim
Chesterfield

Regards

Jim

JJC

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bologna man</i>
<br />I have used this spice company for some time now and have been pleased with their product. Price is right and you can get small to large quanities plus packing is in plastic shaker containers.

Rod
Thanks, Rod.  And thanks for seconding the Yeager folks, Jeff. We're going to have a very useful list of suppliers for rubs and spices (Jeff, I assume you'd like to be included on this list[:)]!

Noticed you're from PA.  Are you interested in being part of a NorthEast BSers Club?  Very informal--no dues or anything like that. Thought we might try to get together somewhere once a year or so for a cookout, or perhaps we could meet up at a BBQ event somewhere in the region. Let me know if this is appealing--if not, that's OK too.

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

JJC

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by jwashoe</i>
<br />Hi!

I was talking to Kirk at Chezbubba and he suggested that although I've not yet managed to get my new smoker operational (combination of work & weather) he suggested it might be helpful to others in the UK to post the URL's of some places I've been buying spices in bulk. These are:
http://www.redmoor.net/
and
http://www.spiceworld.uk.com/
Redmoor deliver free for orders &gt; £30. Delivery was fairly quick from both and the product from both seems fine as far as I can tell.

Jim
Chesterfield

Regards

Jim
Thanks, and welcome to the Forum, Jim!  It's great to see the Brits joining us in larger numbers.  Please be sure to share your experience and expertise with us on a regular basis.  Chez is right on the money--we should set up a North American supplier list and a European supplier list on the Forum.

Olds, unless someone else is already in charge of Spice Suppliers perhaps I should take on the job of compiling the list from this thread.  If someone else already has the job, wonderful![;)][:D]

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA