Mushroom Sauce

Started by Tenpoint5, January 02, 2009, 12:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

Mushroom Sauce

Ingredients

This sauce is awesome on everything!!!! Grilled meat, potatoes, egg noodles, burgers, turkey, pot roast... everything! Also, you might want to double the batch ;)

3 Tablespoons butter

3 Tablespoons flour

1 1/4 cup brown stock or beef bullion

1/4 pound mushrooms , minced

1/4 cup shallots or onions

1 clove garlic, minced

1/4 cup red wine

fresh ground pepper and salt

Directions

Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat; add mushrooms, shallots and or onion, garlic and wine. Stir in flour and stir until well blended and smooth. Turn heat to low and cook until golden brown, stirring constantly. (about 5-10 min.)

Gradually add the stock, stirring until thickened, bout 5-10 min.

After further review and several more batches 1/2 lb or more of Mushrooms might be more like the ticket. And I don't mince them I just slice them they breakdown enough when stirring.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Smoking Duck

Good looking sauce, 10.5.  I'm with you....more shrooms are always better.  Looks like it's be good with a steak and some slightly melted bleu cheese crumbles or a burger with swiss.

SD

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

seemore

I'm with SD - looks good!  This sounds similar to the basic sauce I make for beef stroganof too.
Now I am in the mood for a Mushroom/Swiss burger - with this sauce - and a tall glass of cold beer.  Instead we are having tilapia.  It will be good, but it won't be a burger!

Mrs - Mr does not make beef stroganof!!

HCT

Yup, here's another one. :D :D
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

Smoking Duck

Got two racks of beef ribs.  Gonna do one rack with a normal bbq sauce and gonna do the other one with this mushroom sauce just to try some smoked foods with something other than a BBQ sauce.

SD

pensrock

It odd, I'm the only one in my family that doesn't like fungi.  :-X
But if I did I think it would go great with the roast beef FL and seemore made.  :)

Smoking Duck

Made the mushroom sauce today....very tasty indeed!  I will give full foreclosure here and let you know that it is imperative to have a glass of said wine befor etrying in sauce!

Smokin Soon

Shared that sauce recipe with an old friend in NC who's dad used to do a lot of smoking, he would get to partying too much and over cook a briskit or roast and called this his "magic elixir" to make things right. He would take his way overcooked beef and bring it back to life in a crockpot with this stuff! I'm sure gonna try it!

Smoking Duck

Hey 10.5,

Using your mushroom sauce again tonight.  Got some Amish Noodles, a pound of ground venison and your mushroom sauce.  Added a little onion powder, garlic powder, sea salt, smoked paprika and worcestersire pepper to the venison and gonna bathe the venison and noodles with your mushroom sauce.  I'll let you know how it turns out.

SD

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Smoking Duck on January 07, 2009, 02:24:24 PM
Hey 10.5,

Using your mushroom sauce again tonight.  Got some Amish Noodles, a pound of ground venison and your mushroom sauce.  Added a little onion powder, garlic powder, sea salt, smoked paprika and worcestersire pepper to the venison and gonna bathe the venison and noodles with your mushroom sauce.  I'll let you know how it turns out.

SD
Now that does sound good
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Smoking Duck

It turned out great 10.5!  Liked by the entire family.

SD