• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

A Ditty to Dinosaur Bones

Started by Smoking Duck, January 05, 2009, 06:51:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smoking Duck

I actually found these by "accident."  I was looking for a brisket (couldn't find one that wasn't injected, then looked for baby back ribs and couldn't find any that I liked the looks of.  Saw these, and saw they were center cut and they were on sale.  So, I was sold!  I have by no means perfected these at all...in fact, I think I left them in a little too long (although they were extremely tender) because I was making the bbq sauce and mushroom sauce at the same time I should have been paying a little closer attention to the ribs.  Just got lucky, I guess!

SD

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

FLBentRider

Mine were dry (over did it a little in the time dept) or overly fatty (I think that the product was at fault here, it was an impulse buy).
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

westexasmoker

Quote from: Smoking Duck on January 05, 2009, 03:35:28 PM
I didn't really slap her (truth be told, she scares me), WTS!  I just really dig the pig!

SD

Understand that one SD, love her to death, but she scares the poopy out of me.....I can't see slapping her, I'd wake up in the burn hole down yonder with Johnny Cash in my head "I fell into a burning ring of fire"!  And literally as the flames went higher!  ;D

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Smoking Duck

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

Caneyscud

Quote from: westexasmoker on January 05, 2009, 04:28:11 PM

Understand that one SD, love her to death, but she scares the poopy out of me.....I can't see slapping her, I'd wake up in the burn hole down yonder with Johnny Cash in my head "I fell into a burning ring of fire"!  And literally as the flames went higher!  ;D

C

Oh   Oh  Oh Oh OH - I resemble that remark. 

Man, I haven't had a set of beef ribs in quite a long time - not since Tony Romas went out of business around here over 10 years ago.  I just can't find them.  I am going to figure out how to do some beef short ribs sometime soon though.  I can find them often but not always.  The meat situation has gone to pot here in Nashville, probably like many other places.  We are down to one butcher shop and they really aren't that good and are only open 2 days a week.  The Krogers in my neighborhood don't have meat cutting capabilities and are down to a relatively few fresh items - In Beef - basic steaks, burger, a few roast   In Pork - a few basic thin chops, boneless chops, marinated half loins, marinated tenderloins, small boneless butts and maybe some country style ribs and occassionally baby backs.  Pretty poor Q'ing selection.  And actually the others, Harris Teeter and Publix isn't much better - and now Wallyworld is not much better either other than I can count on them to have pork ribs and spareribs as well as a pork shoulder, a brisket and some bigger roasts.  And of course there is Fresh Market and Whole Paycheck.  But it is just hard for me to spend that much for meat, no matter how much better it "may" be.  Although that 'dry aging' case that Whole Paycheck has does make me drool when I pass it.  That leaves Sams and Costco and since I'm not a member of Costco - That just leaves Sam's.  Usually has briskets, but usually not whole packers, lots of pork ribs, baby backs and spares, shoulders, Big Butts, whole loins, and in beef whole chucks, big roasts, big prime ribs, etc...  Just never any whole fresh hams or beef ribs.   You guys (and gals) who have a meat market with a real butcher, please remember how lucky you are!  We can't seem to support one around here - even in an area with over a million people.  Go figure.  I could drive an hour to get to a meat market, but at the price of gas, I just ain't.  This is hard for a guy who grew up around a bunch of farmers and ranchers in Texas - big chunks of meat were plentiful.  And my FIL was a butcher who had his own grocery store and did 200 to 400 country hams a year - (he died a long time ago though). 

Through with my whining now!

Shakespeare.
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

Gizmo

Quote from: Caneyscud on January 06, 2009, 06:59:12 AM
Although that 'dry aging' case that Whole Paycheck has does make me drool when I pass it. 
Shakespeare.

Here I though Whole Paycheck was the reference to the price tag.  :o  ::)
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Caneyscud

Quote from: Gizmo on January 06, 2009, 08:08:21 PM
Quote from: Caneyscud on January 06, 2009, 06:59:12 AM
Although that 'dry aging' case that Whole Paycheck has does make me drool when I pass it. 
Shakespeare.

Here I though Whole Paycheck was the reference to the price tag.  :o  ::)
It does in a roundabout way!
Whole Paycheck = Whole Foods
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"