• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

An OBS Convert...

Started by mjack1957, January 05, 2009, 06:20:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjack1957

After the initial try, I smoked two racks of ribs today with a dry rub from Smoke and Spice. I smoked them at 200-210 for about 3.5 hours basting with apple juice on the hour. The final results were outstanding; you could wiggle the bone out of the meat!  My wife doesn't like ribs.  When she came home, I gave her a piece of the ribs and a dab of my special sauce.  Her reply.... "what was that; let me get another piece".  She was converted, hallelujah! I owe it all to the OBS.  :D

Also, I couldn't resist:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMbhLupnmYw  (click the HD viewing option).

I'm thinking of doing some instructional pieces for other forum readers and posting those to YouTube also.

Habanero Smoker

Hi mjack1957;

Though I'm more incline to written technical detail type of instructions, videos would be great. It seem a lot of members like photos, so videos would be a welcome addition.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Smoking Duck

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on January 06, 2009, 02:09:38 AM
Hi mjack1957;

Though I'm more incline to written technical detail type of instructions, videos would be great. It seem a lot of members like photos, so videos would be a welcome addition.

To put it in terms most can understand, if this forum were to be compared to Gilligan's Island, Habs is the professor and I am Gilligan.   ;D  I say this in jest, but there is some truth to it. Habs has a talent for taking the extremely technical things with regards to smoking and making them easy for folks to understand.  Me, I learn by pictures.  The beauty of this place, Mjack is that it works tremendously well in this forum.  Many different types of folks here and yet the goal of our cause brings us together and blends us very well.  You will find there is very little, if any sniping and when it does occur, other members reign it in in a hurry.  Habs and a few others are my go to guys when I need an answer as to why this will happen if I do it this way or that.  Habs is also the person responsible for the upkeep of the recipe section.  If you haven't done it already, check it out below:

Bradley Recipes from the forum

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

drano

mjack1957
Glad the first smoke was a great success!
That smoker is way to clean inside--better get busy w/ another dozen or so smokes so get a nice caked on smoke coating--then it will look (and smell) great.
get smokin
drano

mjack1957

Quote from: drano on January 06, 2009, 03:18:07 PM
mjack1957
Glad the first smoke was a great success!
That smoker is way to clean inside--better get busy w/ another dozen or so smokes so get a nice caked on smoke coating--then it will look (and smell) great.
get smokin
drano

It's funny; before I bought the Bradley, I thought I'd be a weekend smoker only.  I've been using it every day since it got here.  Ribs, brisket, fish and turkey breasts on Thur (Wed is the wife's birthday so you know how that goes). It makes the process so simple.  I spend more time on food prep than smoking itself.  And clean up is a breeze; just put all the trays in the dish washer.