Doggie Pix

Started by seemore, January 08, 2009, 02:44:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

La Quinta

I think Tater is great....are you saying you couldn't go hunting with a dog named Giggles???  :D  :D  :D I can just hear your hunting buddies comments when you introduce Giggles!!!  :D  :D  :D

Go with Tater dude...the tater tot thing works!!!  ;D

Gizmo

Been real busy and haven't been on the board for a few days.  Congrats Mark.  Nice looking litter there.  My wife was ready to jump on a plane a few days ago before they were born.  Guess I'll not show her the pup pics or she will have to claw through that long line you have.   :D
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Smoking Duck

Thanks Q and Giz.  Tater it's gonna be.

They sure are getting stronger every day and Momma is doing great as well.  It's off to the vets today to have their dew claws removed.  Momma is not going to like that one bit but it's best for the pups and a lot easier to do it now rather than later.

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

Caribou

Hey Marc a word of advice...don't freak out if the scabs fall off early where the dew claws used to be.
I had my pups dew claws removed once and momma licked the scabs off a couple days after the were removed on a few of the pups.
And seeing that joint where the cut was made just sitting there was a little shocking but they scab back up again and heal just fine.
Glad to hear things are going well and I like the name Tator a lot!
Carolyn

Smoking Duck

Thanks Carolyn..........I'll try to remember that about the dew claw.  I have a tendancy to worry about things involving my dogs way too much.  I've gotten more than enough confirmation that the yellow female will be named Tater.  Just not sure which of the two females it will be.......gonna wait a little bit before I make that determination.

iceman

Yep... Sounds like ya caught the Tater SD!!! Gotta be a proud papa right about now.  ;D

seemore

Ah, make it easy on yourself:  just keep BOTH females, and name them Tater 1 and Tater 2!!!!
Good luck trying to justify keeping BOTH of them!!!  ;)

Smoking Duck

Oh, I could justify keeping both of them pretty easily......I just don't think the divorce judge would buy the justification  ;D

La Quinta

Oh come on Candy Giggle Man...sell it dude...JUST...DO....IT....  :D  :D  :D

Smoking Duck

Ahhhhhh, you're gonna push me right into that divorce court, aren't you?  ;D ;D

Normally, I wouldn't think twice about it, but I'm going to have a lot of work to do with the new pup and I really want to spend a lot of time with Steeler this summer working on trying to get some more stuff done with her.  She's probably going to need a refresher course on hand signals and she needed just a bit more work on the double blind retrieves through water when we stopped training for hunting season.  That's gonna take a lot of time and quite frankly, I don't like training two dogs at one time, so I'd have my hands more than full with just Steeler and Tater.  If all goes well, Tater will be hunting alongside Steeler this fall.

Smoking Duck

I took a short video of the pups and posted it on my blog if anyone would be interested in see it.

http://lacosasmokestra.blogspot.com/

La Quinta

Really cute little boogers....good for you both!!! Nothing like puppies in the house!!!  ;D

Smoking Duck

Steeler is not happy with me today.  She knows it was me who took the pups to the vet and caused the pain.  She watches me very closely with the pups right now to make sure I won' do anything else to them.

Believe it or not, we're also considering adopting two 3 year old female labs.  There is a couple I know (like many here in Northern Indiana) who are losing their home and have two labs and can't take them with them to where they have to move to.  They want to keep the girls together and cannot find a home right now.  Mrs. Duck and I simply can't afford to keep them either but they're beautiful labs, so I'm trying to convince the wife that maybe we can keep them until this family gets back on their feet and then we could give them back to them.  This crappy economy is ruining a lot of things around here.  Hopefully, it will turn around soon or the Duck family could be the next in line with these people.  These labs aren't hunting labs, they're house dogs and the wife is not crazy with the idea of having us, 2 kids, 2 cats and 4 dogs in the house.  I swear when I win the lottery I'm going to build a 2000 sf house just to house labs in (they'll have their own bedrooms as well as adjoining bathrooms).  It's bad enough when the economic times hit us.......but for the love of God, leave the labs alone! ;D

Bradley (Head Office)

Just watched your video SD those are some cute little pups you have there
I think your right the tan pups do look a little fatter.
My wife got a good laugh at the one would not give up trying to eat

Brian

iceman

SD, me and Ann would gladly cut back on things up here just to help pay room and board for the labs. She's been working with the Shepard rescue and we think we might get a new family member sooner than expected. I'd work 7 days a week for a good home for them... Opps I'm doing that now  :D ;) Anyhow tell mom we would be glad to help out.  ;D