Artichoke Dip for Smoking Duck

Started by Gizmo, January 09, 2009, 08:41:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gizmo

Here you go Duck,
Artichoke Dip

1 can of Artichoke Hearts (drained and chopped)
1 can of green chillies (4 oz.)
1 cup of mayonnaise
1 cup of Parmesan cheese
blend everything together in a food processor
bake at 350 deg for 1/2 hour.

You can add 1- 10 oz. package of chopped spinach, drained to this as well if you want the extra vitamins and Popeye muscles.

This is a very good and simple dip.  Has been well received by many a guests as the Gizmo House.  Was one of the items offered in the original So Cal Smoke Out.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

HCT

"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

Smoking Duck

Thanks Giz!  I'm on my way to the grocery store now!

SD

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

seemore

Giz, that dip sounds awesome.  We will be having a "treat day" at work in a couple weeks;  I may just have to make this.
Mrs.

Smoking Duck

The wife loves this stuff.  I'm going to surprise her with this when she comes home from work tomorrow night.

SD

La Quinta

As I remember the dip was awesome...oh...and Giggles...you are a nice guy...  ;D

Smoking Duck

Q,

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!  I gots a reputation to uphold  ;) ;D

Anyone ever throw a little garlic in theirs?

La Quinta

Ya know...I have made artichoke dips (with and w/o spinach) in the past...and if I were going to do garlic...it would only be a hint...artichokes are rather delicate in flavor...and if it's an artichoke dip...they should be the star...just my HO.

Smoking Duck

Quote from: La Quinta on January 10, 2009, 07:19:05 PM
Ya know...I have made artichoke dips (with and w/o spinach) in the past...and if I were going to do garlic...it would only be a hint...artichokes are rather delicate in flavor...and if it's an artichoke dip...they should be the star...just my HO.

OK, for me, just a hint of garlic would be like...........4 cloves  :o  But, I'll forego the garlic (or maybe just use half a clove minced real fine.)  In my household, garlic is the international symbol of love.  Whenever I cook with garlic, the wife knows, which is just about every day, unless I'm tired  ;D  Unfortunately, she doesn't agree with garlic being the international symbol so just ignores me.  Maybe I should try a little psychological love warfare and use none at all and keep her guessing?  Love is such a mysterious thing  ;D

OK, Q.....the chokes and me are the star of the show tonight  ;D

La Quinta

Dear God help us all....  :D  :D  :D More to the point...your wife...  ;D

deb415611

Quote from: La Quinta on January 11, 2009, 04:50:32 PM
Dear God help us all....  :D  :D  :D More to the point...your wife...  ;D

My first thought was exactly that too!

Smoking Duck

Don't hate the player, ladies, hate the game  ;D

La Quinta

Giggles...Giggles...Giggles...my dear friend...just remember...everyday in hell is St. Patrick's Day...and no ziti...

Smoking Duck

Quote from: La Quinta on January 11, 2009, 07:18:32 PM
Giggles...Giggles...Giggles...my dear friend...just remember...everyday in hell is St. Patrick's Day...and no ziti...

I know..........and I never win at cards :'(

The wife did enjoy the dip though (and no, I wasn't referring to myself as the "dip"  ;D)

Father Tom

28 years ago my new bride stated she didn't like garlic and didn't want it cooked in the house.  I said i did and it would be cooked and if she didn't like it there was the door.....  O how i love garlic.  PS: she is still here and there has been no other comments regarding garlic.........

Tom