For Anyone Who Has An Idea

Started by La Quinta, January 10, 2009, 07:38:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

La Quinta

Ok...thank you first for the posts...here is what I'm thinkin...

They gave us the secret ingredient as Orange because the Florida Gators won the football game (and as some of you know I am NOT a Gator fan...butt) I thought if they wanna go Florida...I'm goin' Florida...

1. An Orange glazed roasted shrimp (may apply a little light cold smoke the night before) Gotta figure out a dipping sauce.
2. Orange and beet salad on a bed of spinach and some very thinly sliced red onion...with a light citrus dressing.
3. Fried flounder fillets in a chpoltle orange scented canola oil. (Thank you Giz...that oil is from the book you gave me)
4. A citrus scented cole-slaw (the thought is a vinagarette...but I may go with a sour cream/mayo dressing to cut the acidity)
5. A lightly orange flavored hush puppy (I think I'll just do a little zest in the mix)
6. Fresh green beans steamed in Orange juice and dusted with sliced almonds at serving
7. Orange/vanilla ice cream with orange pecan pralines on top (for dessert)

Cocktail...Cointreau (sp?) with Southern Comfort and lemon lime soda...

So...there I am...thoughts?

deb415611

FLBentRider

My only thought is what time is my flight ?

Sounds good LQ!

At least the secret ingredient wasn't gatorade...
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Tenpoint5

OK I'm not looking for the OJ injected thighs anymore, Now I'm looking for a Drool Rag. Sounds great LQ make sure you take lots of pics.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Caneyscud

LQ how did the orange menu turn out?

Shakespeare
The Bard of Hot Aire
Threadkiller Extraordinaire'
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

La Quinta

Hey Caney...doing it Saturday....just threw up a flare...to see who would rescue us....I'm pretty confidant about the menus right now...but dang....ya never know....all stuff we've never made...we'll see....

I will certainly let ya know....

Smoking Duck

Just remembered a pretty cool crushed peppercorn and orange glazed rib recipe that would work well if you get stuck on something.  Let me know if interested.

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

Mr Walleye

Hey LQ

Maybe CanadianSmoker will lend you his new orange scale!  :D

Sorry CanadianSmoker... I had to!  ;)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

La Quinta

Hey kids...the meal turned out fabulous....I did catfish instead of flounder and it was awesome...the hush puppies with just a hint of rind were great...the shrimp were amazing (from Southern Living web) couldn't really get a taste of the orange in the green beens...then hubby made a grapefruit and Oranage bundt cake that is to die for...very dense and fab...we saw the recipe, that was a loser recipe, on the "Ultimate Recipe Showdown" on Food Network...that cake is killer...ANYHOO...ya know what,concepts I posted if you ever have too many oranges and ya don't know what to do with them!!!  ;D

Gizmo

Glad to hear it all worked out for you LQ.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/