Don't throw away that juice.

Started by Caneyscud, January 11, 2009, 07:55:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caneyscud

Took an idea from WTS and boated my last brisket.  Had my doubts thought!  Brisket was quite good, a little different than my normal, plus weird with not smoke ring.  But the juice I saved and used in some chili last night.  WOW!  talk about rich.  Didn't have my normal stuff for my chili - not enough canned tomato and sauce.  So used a big can of green enchilada sauce and some cans of diced green chilies.  Man that was good.  Both the green enchilada sauce and the sauce really added a depth not usually present.

Shakespeare
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

Gizmo

Smoke Ring?
The Bradley does not produce a smoke ring.  If you have seen one in the past from the Bradely, then I would suspect it was chemically produced from a cure or you got something else going on.  Maybe a secret?  Please tell more.  :)
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Caneyscud

I thought I said "not".   ;D   It was my first brisket without a smoke ring - sorta weird like it was boiled or sumpthin!  But didn't taste boiled - delicious.  There seemed to be a little change in the outer 3/8" or so that sorta looked like the beginning of a ring though.  I'm gonna have to figure out some way to get more bark also. 

If I can just figure out a way to inject nitrogen dioxide into the chamber.  Since it is a by-product of LP combustion, maybe put a small burner inside the cabinet.  Wonder if it would put off enough NO2 to form a smoke ring?  Eventual Experimentation called for! :D

Shakespeare

Gizmo

You did say no smoke ring which is what I would expect from every Bradley produced smoke product.  I am wondering what you do to get one all the other times as this is not a product of Bradley generated smoking.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: Gizmo on January 11, 2009, 03:20:50 PM
You did say no smoke ring which is what I would expect from every Bradley produced smoke product.  I am wondering what you do to get one all the other times as this is not a product of Bradley generated smoking.

You can get a smoke ring from Bradley's propane smoker.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Caneyscud

Quote from: Gizmo on January 11, 2009, 03:20:50 PM

Giz,

Oh, now I see the confusion I caused.  I'm sorry, I should have said all other times on other cookers/smokers - Not Bradley's.  This was the first with a Bradley.  Sorry for the confusion.  From dug pits outside of my Great-Uncle's home to the horizontal drum pits of my childhood, to the long, portable steel plate pits of my ranching family reunions, to a gas bullet, two trailer mounted jobs, to my Bandera - I can't say it was the first without a ring, but the first on a Bradley.  I've been known to do a "cheater" brisket, that doesn't get a ring sometimes.   ;D