smoking cheese one handed

Started by okeejohn, January 15, 2009, 08:35:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

okeejohn

Well, yesterday, while at work, I slipped on wet tile and dislocated my left shoulder. I went to the ER where it was reduced and now I am at home in a sling and can not use my left arm for 3 weeks. I'm lucky because I live in Florida and the weather is nice so I can sit outside. I have a Bradley digital 6-tray smoker and a Big Green Egg. Well, can not use the BGE with one hand, but guess what, I am smoking cheese in the Bradley one handed! Thank God for the Bradley. Smoking cheddar, swiss, and colby cheeses with maple.

Okeejohn

sherlock

Where there is a will, there is a way.

Us FL members are looking forward to the cold this weekend so we can smoke cheese.

Be carefull okee

FLBentRider

OUCH!

As someone recovering from shoulder rotator cuff surgery, I can literaly say "I feel your pain".

Good job on the one handed smoke, get well soon.

Are you using a cardboard box setup ? what are your tower temps ?
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

manxman

QuoteOUCH!

I second that FLBentRider as someone who has dislocated my shoulder on several occasions. And the reducing bit can be worse than the initial injury INHO!  :o

Get well soon okeejohn.
Manxman

Wildcat

Ouch indeed.  I tore my rotator cuff about 5 years ago, lots of physical therapy for the first few months and I finally quit having any problems with it about 3 months ago.  Takes a long time to fully recover and when you add enough age to the equation - well you get the picture.  Hope you are young and recover soon.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

HCT

Oowwww, that's gotta hurt. I hope the healing goes quickly.
So, where's the cheese? ;D
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

stillsmoking

Sorry to hear about your injury okeejohn, glad you have something to hold your interest though.  To join the ranks, I tore both rotator cuffs and my left bicep last year, spent some time in physical therapy and am still not entirely healed.  It does get better but I feel your pain!

Habanero Smoker

okeejohn;

I missed this the first couple of times. Sorry to hear about your injury; but is sounds like you have adapted well.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)