Started by okeejohn, January 15, 2009, 12:02:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

okeejohn

HCT

I have some burgers that are offering a home to that cheese. ;) :D
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

sherlock

I never liked smoked cheese until you all made me smoke some. Now, I know what I have been missing all these years.
8)

Gizmo

Quote from: sherlock on January 21, 2009, 11:38:02 AM
I never liked smoked cheese until you all made me smoke some. Now, I know what I have been missing all these years.
8)

Yes we are soooo pushy!!!!!!!
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Roadking

I always laugh when I see smoked cheese brings back alot of memories. Back in the 70's I used to work 2 jobs and one of them was for an italian Deli, Fiori's Italian Gourmet. My job in the evening was to make 75 pounds of sweet and 40 pounds of hot italian sausage. After the sausage was finished I had to make 100 lb. of fresh Mozzarella cheese. 80 lb. of that was made into braids and 15 lb. of that was made into Bocconcini (brined). I would take 5 - 1 lb. Bocconcini and smoke them. The method was this, all of the Bocconcini was laced with twine to hang, so hanging them was easy. I took a 35 gallon metal garbage can (used only for smoking) and hang the cheese from inside the lid. Wad up two brown paper bags and lite them up and put them into the can. Just as the flames extinguished I placed the lid on the can and left them in the sealed can for an hour. After the hour you had the best smoked Mozzarella cheese you ever ate.

NePaSmoKer

I normally don't smoke cheese, But I am tomorrow. A small brick of Swiss and pepper jack  ;D

nepas

seemore

what. normally don't smoke cheese, But I am tomorrow. A small brick of Swiss and pepper jack 
seemore

Roadking

NePaS, someone's digging on you....  ;D