Egg Rolls the Bradley/Big Easy way

Started by stillsmoking, January 18, 2009, 08:58:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stillsmoking

In truth the subject line should say, Bradley/Big Easy and then Big Easy again.  Smoke flavored some chicken in the Bradley the other night and finished off in the Big Easy.  Had about half a chicken left over so Mrs. Stillsmoking decided Egg Rolls would be a good way to use it up.  We have a baked egg roll recipe that lets you avoid the grease from frying.  Mixed up the filling

2 2/3 cups chopped fresh broccoli/shredded carrot/onion in whatever ratio you like
2 cups shredded chicken
9 teaspoons soy sauce
4 teaspoons sesame oil
4 garlic cloves
1 teaspoon ground ginger
16 egg roll wrappers

In the original recipe you would roll up the egg rolls and put in a 425 oven for 10-15 minutes, we went the Big Easy route instead.  Took a little longer as it was cold out last night and the wind was blowing but we did like these better than the ones we have done in the oven.  Wrapper wasn't so tough to chew and the smoked chicken worked great.  These have a nice flavor with no one thing taking over.

I also like to have a little chili garlic sauce with them.

Gizmo

You must have some extra trays for the BE.   ;D

Those are tasty looking.

But I got to ask, for Egg Rolls, Where's the egg?   :D  ;)
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

stillsmoking

I have tinkered with the Big Easy a bit to fit our needs can go with three levels when necessary.  Plan to add a 4th.  No egg, just water to seal the won ton skin.  We try to eat good and keep it healthy when we can.  The recipe is for a double batch but they seem to go quick!

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

NePaSmoKer

ss

those look really good. could you priority mail me a few of them  ;D

nepas

stillsmoking

FL, no bacon, we did use smoked pork loin for the meat last time and that was good too.

Nepas, would be happy to mail some your way, problem is I have a physical quirk that makes that really difficult.  Every time I go to pick some out the muscles in my arm contract and they end up in my mouth.  Messy but it works for me!