• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Pot roast

Started by westexasmoker, January 22, 2009, 08:01:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

westexasmoker

Nice little 3 lb. roast, aged 28 days, then resting with some rub while the smoker comes up to 220

After 2 hours of smoke and a total of 4.5 hours in the smoker

Then off to the stockpot with onion, garlic sauted in butter added beef broth, celery, potatos, carrots, stewed tomatos, salt and pepper and brought to a boil then simmered for 3 hours....Plated up beef, veggies and cheese covered biscuit!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Mr Walleye

Looks awesome WesTex!  ;)

Had to cut in the drool control!... I'm at work!  ::)  :D

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Wildcat

Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

seemore

wts. that looks great . all I had was a hot dog for dinner :o

deb415611

WTS,

that looks great!

Deb

Smokin Soon

WTS, what was the IT after 4 hours in the smoker? I would like smoke one day and finish in a crock pot the next day. I was thinking it would be past the critical point by then, but not sure.

westexasmoker

SS,
I don't have a real good answer for ya...Since I knew I was gonna finish on out tonight in the pot I just used my fork thermometer, instead of my normal probe, it was showing 128....but looking at the meat I bet it was a bit higher.  I've done exactly what your wanting to do, hit 140 pull and fridge and then crock it or stockpot it!  Good stuff...ya ought to smell the leftovers heating up tonight! 

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Smokin Soon

Thanks WTS, I think it will be ok. Great way to put on a one pot feed for some co-workers!

cowgirl

Looks fantastic Westexas!