Good day for cheese

Started by westexasmoker, January 24, 2009, 11:03:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

westexasmoker

High temp today is supposed to be 40, so figured it be a good day to smoke some cheese!

5 lbs fire jack, 2.5 lbs sharp cheddar, 1.5 lbs mozarilla, 1 lb mild cheddar and 1 lb pepper jack

Off to the smoker, temp running right at 68...water bowl full of ice and two cold packs on the lower rack!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

pensrock

WTS, I take it you like the 'fire-jack'? I'm just guessing but is fire-jack the same as habenero/jalapeno jack? I smoked some of that and it turned out great. But a little disappointing in the heat level from the habs.
pens

westexasmoker

Yep pens its the hab/peno jack, and your right its not as hot as you'd expect, but at least its got a little more kick to it than just your normal pepper jack.  It was on sale for 5.49 lb, and I like things to be kicked up a notch....BAM!  ;D

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

seemore

A high temp of 40????  We can only wait for those days to return!  It got up to 5 degrees today, I think.....but yes, it was a good day to smoke cheese!
Here is what we did:

We smoked some Swiss, some cheddar, some pepper Jack, some garlic onion, some garlic, and some horseradish cheese.
We also smoked string cheese - on Duck's recommendation - as we are going to make some deep-fried cheese sticks on Super Bowl Sunday.

Smoking Duck

Looks awesome, WTS and Seemores!  Every day you can smoke cheese is a good day for cheese............and even better day for us!  ;D

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

smokeitall

Quote from: westexasmoker on January 24, 2009, 12:22:30 PM
Yep pens its the hab/peno jack, and your right its not as hot as you'd expect, but at least its got a little more kick to it than just your normal pepper jack.  It was on sale for 5.49 lb, and I like things to be kicked up a notch....BAM!  ;D

C

I don't know if any of you have a Schnucks grocery store by you, but the ones here in STL sell what they call a super hot pepper cheese.  It is a hab/peno jack, and it is very hot, but not so hot you have to run for the milk.  I plan on smoking some soon.

Smoking Duck

I might have to grab some Nagas from Pensrock when I make my foray into making some cheddar........I'm thinking a Naga Cheddar would get the folks running for milk  ;)

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra