• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

5 lbs. of tasso........minus 2

Started by HCT, January 31, 2009, 09:57:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HCT

So I had 5 lbs. of shoulder on the counter, cured, dry and ready for the final spices to be rubbed in. I runs outside to the garage to bring the bowl and tray for the smoker. I come back, 4 minutes tops, go to rub the pork and half the rack is missing. :o :o Just look below in the middle pic and the big white monster, Ben, is the culprit. I just hope he doesn't get sick from the cured raw pork. Yes he did catch holy hell. >:(
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

Smoking Duck

In the words of Mickey, in Rocky "He's gonna eat lightning and crap thunder"  ;D

Big Ben is just getting ready like Big Ben on the Steelers.........

Ok, so maybe it's not funny to laugh at your loss, but how can you possibly stay mad at him?  He's just doing what comes naturally......he must be of the Cajun lineage of Labs  ;D

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

deb415611

HCT

Quote from: Smoking Duck on January 31, 2009, 10:12:57 AM
In the words of Mickey, in Rocky "He's gonna eat lightning and crap thunder"  ;D

Big Ben is just getting ready like Big Ben on the Steelers.........

Ok, so maybe it's not funny to laugh at your loss, but how can you possibly stay mad at him?  He's just doing what comes naturally......he must be of the Cajun lineage of Labs  ;D

Nope, I can't stay angry with him, he just looks at me with the innocent face, wags his tail and comes up to me and I melt. Besides, I should of known better, Ben is a felonious counter surfer. :D :D :D

Yeah Deb, he looks innocent, as innocent as a fox in a hen house. :D :D :D
probably the biggest"

Mr Walleye

Hahahaha  :D  :D  :D  ;D

He was just "foraging"!  ;)

Did he have that look on his face... You know... That "who me" look with limited eye contact?

Sorry HCT... It is funny!  ;)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

HCT

Want to laugh more???
Yesterday I had a four packs of the Bradley apple bisquettes on my desk, I walk into the kitchen and back and Troubles and Sam have a pack on the floor, munching away like they were treats. They ate 4 of them. What else can I do but laugh. They give me the look, that goofy lab look, "Hey, what do you expect, I'm a lab." :D :D :D 
probably the biggest"

Mr Walleye

Quote from: HCT on January 31, 2009, 11:07:56 AM
Want to laugh more???
Yesterday I had a four packs of the Bradley apple bisquettes on my desk, I walk into the kitchen and back and Troubles and Sam have a pack on the floor, munching away like they were treats. They ate 4 of them. What else can I do but laugh. They give me the look, that goofy lab look, "Hey, what do you expect, I'm a lab." :D :D :D 

:D  :D  :D  ;D

That's good HCT!

I don't know what it is about wood??? My brother-in-law's dog loves 2x4s... If your building something you have to keep an eye on him because he will steal various pieces and eat them... go figure! It's got to be a little rough coming out the other end!  :o

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

HCT

It's their God given right. :D :D :D :D :D
probably the biggest"

NePaSmoKer

Gizmo

HCT,
I had 2 New York strips on the counter all seasoned up and ready to hit the grill.  I had pushed them back a long way onto the counter so my daughter's yellow lab wouldn't take them.  Grill was up to temp and I went out to grab them off the counter but what?, they were missing.  Both of them.  2 streaks across the counter, a little streak on the floor.  Looked around the corner and the dog had about 1/2 of one of them hanging from her mouth with just the sweetest look on her face.  Then she lowered her head in shame.  I an not really sure how she was able to reach them but I suspect she was able to just barely reach them with her front paw and scratched at them till she got it to the edge.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Buck36

You have all my sympathy. I have lost a fair share of BBQ to ours. We have a new lab which is under 1 year old. EVERYTHING is fair game to chew. I would take chewed up 2 x4's over rocks, toys, socks, hunting gloves, shoes, etc.  ::)

.....quite a difference going from a 12 year old Lab to a puppy.

HCT

Giz, I push mine all the way to the back also and try to place on something that's a little higher up and out of reach. Yeah, right, nothing is out of reach with a lab. I do know one thing for a fact, just behind their shoulders/front legs they have angel wings. :o ::) Don't laugh, just take a look at your daughters labs body, you'll see what I'm talking about.  ;):D :D :D That's how they do it.

Buck, Ben is 10 and still, when it comes to meat, he'll climb extension ladders if necessary. :D :D
How about some pics of the pup?
probably the biggest"

Smoking Duck

I remember when I first got Steeler......the kids were still small and I had just gone on a furniture buying binge.  Bought a bunk bed set for the kids thatcost me $2000 and a bunch of really nice office furniture.  Within two days she had demolished the legs of the bunk bed (I swear if the wife could have caught Steeler, she'd have strangled her) and then tore into my office furniture.  Didn't matter that she had a bunch of chew toys, she just did it.  Now, the bunk beds are gone as the kids are older but I still look at the office furniture and still laugh about it (out of earshot of the wife, of course)  ;D

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

HCT

I hear ya Duck. :)

Just so ya'll don't think I've completely lost it,
'angel wings', located on the front of the rib cage, just behind the upper leg, is a pattern of the dogs hair that runs apart from the rest of their coat. Easily seen on the yellows but you do have to look for them.
And yes, when your not looking can open into real wings. :P :P :P :P :P   
probably the biggest"

deb415611

Stop!   I can't read this right now.   I may have to change breeds in my search (not ;D). 

Nutmeg was a lab/mix and only 45 lbs so small compared to a lab - she could get to the back of counter without any problems. She could eat a loaf of bread and only put a small hole in the plastic.  When we moved to this house one of my favorite things in the kitchen was  a built in bread drawer 

She wasn't bad with the chewing as long as she had plenty of toys so I figure I'll be in trouble with the new puppy.