new board

Started by Bradley (Head Office), February 11, 2009, 10:32:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bradley (Head Office)

Hi Members

Nepas has asked for a separate Board for jerky making  thought it would be a good idea.

"so have fun with the new "Jerky Board"

Brian

Gizmo

Bet you didn't know we were going to be such a needy bunch did ya?  :D

Thanks for your great support Brian. 
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

HCT

This board is much needed. Thanks Brian. ;)
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

Mr Walleye

Excellent Brian!  ;)

By adding the additional boards it will certainly help people looking for specific topics. Keep up the good work!

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Smoking Duck

Well done, Brian!  Thanks for making this place even better!

Marc

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Mr Walleye on February 12, 2009, 04:43:46 AM
By adding the additional boards it will certainly help people looking for specific topics. Keep up the good work!

Sure helps with not having to use the search function. Thanks Brian!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

lophole

Bradley (Head Office)

Quote from: Gizmo on February 11, 2009, 10:54:27 PM
Bet you didn't know we were going to be such a needy bunch did ya?  :D

Thanks for your great support Brian. 

Not needy at all  :) I am glad i can help

Brian

NePaSmoKer

Thanks Again Brian

nepas

Bradley (Head Office)

Your more than welcome

Brian

Wattles

DTJ

Brisket Lover

Very happy to have this board.  I got a dehydrator last week and made my first batch over the weekend.  I didn't use the smoker because I wasn't sure how to use it with ground beef so this board will help.  Jerky turned out great and that was just using the spices that came with it.  Friends and wife to be said it was the best jerky they ever had.  Wait till I add some smoke to it!

Saturday I went up to bass pro (2 hours away) and got some HM Cajun and also Sweet and Spicy.  I have the Cajun brewing right now and will go into dehydrator tomorrow.  If the weather holds I may try to smoke it for an hour then move it. 

FLBentRider

I added some cayenne to an HM inferno blend... Overdid it a little.... just my son and I will eat it...
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

josbocc

Thanks Brian, jerky was my first passion, but my BDS6 is catching up rapidly.

To those of you guys trying ground meat jerky..., Hi-Mtn spices are great, and virtually fool-proof.  A few hints that I can provide are:

1)  When the recipe calls for water, experiment with other liquids.  I've used teriyaki sauce, apple juice, and whiskey  ;D, just to name a few.  Avoid too much soy or worcestershire.

2)  If you're gonna do more than a few batches of jerky, figure out your favorite flavors, and by in bulk from Hi-Mtn.  This cuts down on overall cost in the long run.

3)  If you have left over meat when your done filling your dehydrator, freeze it and wait until you have enough frozen to fill the dehydrator again.  I did a batch with leftover Inferno, Sweet-n-Spicy, Mesquite, Hickory, and Garlic and Cracked Pepper Blend.  It was AWESOME!!

4)  If you can't decide what flavor to use, go with Inferno Blend.  All I can say about this flavor is, "What Mesquite is to WestTexasSmoker, Inferno Blend is to Josbocc."

The Bradley is a great way to add smokey flavor to your jerky, but it is much more time-consuming.  I have yet to do a whole batch of jerky in the Bradley, mostly because my LEM 10 tray dehydrator does a great job.

Good Luck,

Jeff
The Wood Doesn't talk back
DBS6
Cabelas 80l Dehydator
All the Jerky Gadgets!!!