• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

No more BBQ sauce availible to forum members.

Started by iceman, February 19, 2009, 03:17:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iceman

Well it finally happened folks. The suppliers and my job have made it impossible to keep making the Sop'n Sauce. I am now away from home 3/4 of the time working the oil patch. The jar manufacturer quit making the drinking mugs and FSA quit carrying some of the ingredients for making the sauce. To add salt to the wound the postal service raised the rates for the forth time in two years! The boss lady said pull the plug when she found out how much I spent sending sauce to the forum members last year. OUCH!!!  :o Hopefully things will turn for the better down the road but for now a pause is in order. We will try to work things out for everyone soon. Sorry for the hiccup folks.  :(
Regards; Pat and Ann

FLBentRider

Iceman,
I'm sorry to hear that, but I understand. Let us know if things improve.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

IKnowWood

iceman

I fully understand.  But to tell the truth, we downscaled our smoke cooking for various reasons recently.  Just happened.  But at least I got 6 jars unopened to enjoy when we do.  we only now use it on Ribs and Brisket.  Which is getting longer in time to cook.  If I had time and skill, I would offer to pick-up the effort, but I barely know how to boil water and still can't do rice without a rice cooker.  Wife laughs at me for that.  Sure I can do stuff on the smoker and grill and blackening and a few things on the stove.  But not much more than that.  Good luck with work and life and make sure to hang around when you do have time. 
IKnowWood
Coming to you from the DelMarVa (US East Coast that is)

Look up Our Time Tested And Proven recipes

Smokin Soon

Sorry to hear that, Ice but fully understand. My meatloaf, fattys and pulled pork will miss it dearly. Best of luck to you!

KyNola

Pat,
I am so sorry to hear your sauce is no longer available but I want you to know how appreciative I am to have gotten an order from you.  Once we opened the first jar Jan and I knew how special it was and have savored every drop.  We have one mug of sauce left and that will be used for only very special occasions with very special friends.

All the best to you.  Should you have the opportunity to manufacture the sauce in the future, I for one will be more than happy to pay the shipping from Wasilla AK to Paducah KY.

Larry & Jan

Smoking Duck

Pat,

The fact that you did it for so long for so many speaks volumes about the kind of people you and Ann are.  Many thanks for what I have already received.  Should I ever win the lottery, I will pay you to quit your oil field job and go to making sauce full-time.  The world deserves a sauce as good as yours.

Marc

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

Gizmo

I too am sad to hear that Pat, and it is understandable especially with the economy and costs.  If you ever do get the opportunity to make the sauce again, I will be in need.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

pensrock

Completely understandable. I just happy that I had the chance to try it and thank you for making it available for as long as you were able.
pens

Habanero Smoker

Sorry to hear that you can no longer make the sauce available to us. You and Ann have been very generous to me and other forum members. I hope your future plans for the sauce are successful.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

manxman

QuoteYou and Ann have been very generous to me

Ditto for us as well Pat, really appreciate the lengths you went to to get sauce to us. Sorry it is on hold for the timebeing but I am sure everyone will understand.
Manxman

deb415611

Very sad but totally understandable Ice. 

and I'm with KY - if you ever decide to ship again I am more than happy to pay whatever it costs so you are making money.

I am now going to hide the remaining sauce from the kid.   ;)

Deb

hillbillysmoker

Thanks for your past efforts, kindness, and friendship. You both are a class act, and I for one appreciate all you have done. I wish you only the best as you approach the future.

Bill
May the fragrance of thin blue smoke always grace your backyard.

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Wildcat

Sorry to hear that Pat. You folks are great and have done much for all of us on the forum and I personally thank you for what you have done for me.  I have not smoked much lately for a number of reasons and still have 3 jars of your sauce.  I totally understand your position and totally support it.  Please try to keep posting on the forum when you have a little time.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

NePaSmoKer

Pat & Ann

I am sure that the forum members understand. The economy has hit us all where it hurts. I have a few jars of sauce left and will only use in case of emergency  ;D

Thank you so much for making your great sauce.

nepas

sodak

Same thing here.  Down to last jar of liquid gold.  Will use for extremely special occasion only.  Thanks, Pat, and hope you enjoy at least the remaining 1/4 of your time outside the patch.