• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Question on Storage

Started by JDNC, February 25, 2009, 03:49:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDNC

How long can you store your stuffed sausage prior to smoke/cooking?  I would like to stuff tomorrow(Thurs) and smoke on Saturday.  I generally stuff and store (approx 12hrs) overnight, but this week I would like to free up Fri night due to prior engagements. Will storing in the fridge for 24hrs be ok?

JD

Tenpoint5

JD
I have stuffed brats and left them in the fridge over night (24 hrs) before smoking them and didn't have any problems. You should be alright.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

NePaSmoKer

With 10.5 here. I have stuffed and refrigerated for up to 2 days before smoking.

nepas

JDNC

Thanks guys, glad to hear that.  This will work into my schedule.

Tenpoint5

Just think of it as letting the flavors meld together and flavor your sausage more.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

JDNC

I aaam thinking of the flavors melding together..on a hotdog bun with mustard and a homebrew. :D ;D ;D

Tenpoint5

Quote from: JDNC on February 25, 2009, 06:33:21 PM
I aaam thinking of the flavors melding together..on a hotdog bun with mustard and a homebrew. :D ;D ;D

You forgot the caramelized onions!! But yeah melding is good!!