• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Temp Question

Started by boby kebab, February 26, 2009, 12:09:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

boby kebab

Hi All

new to the forums but been lurking for a while waiting till i got my OBS which i now have, which was a task to find in Australia  ;D

Bad news is i just cant seem to get the smoker above 110 degrees with the vents open half or full or adjusting the temp just a fraction off high etc  :'( I know its all about low and slow but i am just afraid that this is a defect with the unit after reading a few other posts

thanks
Bob

pensrock

Hi and welcome to the forum.

It appears you are only getting heat from the puck burner.
Try taking the power wire to the tower and unplugging and replugging a few times. Push it in real hard, many time it is not making a good connection.
Also try plugging the tower directly into a power source, then see if the heating element inside starts to glow red.

pens

Habanero Smoker

Hi Bob,

Welcome to the forum. Are you talking about Celsius or Fahrenheit. If you are measuring in Celsius, that would be about 230° Fahrenheit. Depending on how much food you have in the cabinet that is a fairly descent temperature.

If the 110° is Fahrenheit, then there is a problem. That may indicate that your heating element is not working. First make sure the temperature adjustment is all the way to the right, then back off a hair to the left. With the smoker turned on, check to see if the heating element is glowing red. If not, plug the cabinet directly into an outlet and check the heating element again. If not contact Bradley Customer support.

If not you may want to check out some of these tips.
Bradley Smoker FAQ's

Hi Pens;
I've must of took too much time typing. You beat me. :)

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Wildcat

Welcome to the forum.  Nice to see someone on here from down under.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Caneyscud

Welcome Bob

I think you get the prize for the longest drive!  AUSTRALIA!!!!  Roo Que???

Home to the top 5 most poisonous and 7 of the top 10 most poisonous snakes, a poisonous mammal, the funnel-web spider , the box jelly, stingrays, crocs, great white sharks!  Be careful what you smoke there!!

You are in good hands with Pens and Habs.  They'll get you up and running -- err -- smoking.  If not, talk to Bradley - customer service second to none!  

Shakespeare
The Bard of Hot Aire
Threadkiller Extraordinaire'
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

pensrock

QuoteHi Pens;
I've must of took too much time typing. You beat me.

It seems you and I are the only ones on at that time of morning.  :)

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: pensrock on February 26, 2009, 02:05:14 PM
QuoteHi Pens;
I've must of took too much time typing. You beat me.

It seems you and I are the only ones on at that time of morning.  :)

Yeah! For some reason I haven't been able to adjust to standard time. So in a couple of week you'll probably see me logging in an hour later. :)

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)