• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

CHEESY SNACK STIX

Started by fuzzy3955, February 26, 2009, 07:20:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fuzzy3955

i'M THINKING OF ADDING JALEPENAO CHEESE TO MY NEXT BATCH OF SNACK STICKS. ANY HELPFUL IDEAS ON QUANITY ON HOW TO PREARE THE CHEESE. dON'T WANT SUPER HOT JUST A NICE FLACOR

Tenpoint5

I believe that most use the High temp cheese Fuzzy. I have not used it so that's about all the help I can be on that. I do add 5 lbs of shredded Mozzarella to my Brats when I make them, I also add 2lbs of Mushrooms and 3lbs of Swiss when I make my mushroom and Swiss brats. My additions are to a 25 lb. batch
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Habanero Smoker

If you never added cheese to your sausage, it is recommended to use 10%; for example 10 pounds of meat you would add 1 pound of cheese. Then when you make future batches you can add more or less to suit your taste. For my taste I dice the cheese to 1/8 inch cubes, and mix it in after the meat has been ground. I've never used high temperature cheese, but that is on my list of things to purchase.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

fuzzy3955

does the regular cheese hold up well

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: fuzzy3955 on February 27, 2009, 06:24:26 AM
does the regular cheese hold up well

The regular cheese will start to melt and seep out into the casings. But it will work.  I use Hi Temp cheese from psseasoning, eldons, sausage maker its already cubed and ready to mix in.

nepas

fuzzy3955

Found some hi temp cheese at the meat market her gonna ad some jalepenos along with it; I'll let you know on tuesday how it is. Thanks all for you help.

Fuzzy