• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Bisquettes only half-burned

Started by Ka Honu, March 02, 2009, 06:03:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

manxman

QuoteI cold smoke often; I use the cold smoke set up and I can't recall this happening to me.

I agree with Habs, can't say I have noticed a significant difference in the way the bisquettes burn between hot and cold smoking at all.
Manxman

Ka Honu

Quote from: manxman on March 03, 2009, 06:26:21 AM
QuoteI cold smoke often; I use the cold smoke set up and I can't recall this happening to me.

I agree with Habs, can't say I have noticed a significant difference in the way the bisquettes burn between hot and cold smoking at all.

Rats!  Now I am confused.

NePaSmoKer

I had this happen to me when i did the cold smoked cheese. The first 2 pucks only burnt half way. It could have been the combination of the outside temp of 37* that day and the ice in the bowl. The rest of the pucks burnt fine.

nepas

Ka Honu

I'm declaring the problem was solely due to ice in the bowl and will try next time with ice in a tray on the top rack instead.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Ka Honu on March 03, 2009, 12:29:51 PM
I'm declaring the problem was solely due to ice in the bowl and will try next time with ice in a tray on the top rack instead.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

So there  :D

nepas

Roadking

I had that happen to me once. Realized that by preheating the SG and the advancing the bisquette that the time was already into the 20 minute cycle. So it only got to burn ten minutes.
The second time I used the cold smoke I preheated the SG for 30 minutes loaded the SG with bisquettes. Pulled the plug and plugged it back in, then did the setup and advance the bisquettes to an allready hot plate.