• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

OBS...BE...Pot Roast

Started by westexasmoker, March 12, 2009, 07:53:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

westexasmoker

All rubbed up and resting while the smoker comes up to temp

2 hours of mesquite, 4 hours total in the smoker

Then 1 hour in the BE to crisp things up a bit

Sautaed onion, garlic, jalapenos in butter, then 6 cups beef broth, salt, pepper, hot sauce, cubed up red taters and some baby carrots its time for a bath

And after a couple of hours in the hot tub!

C

Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Tenpoint5

Just finished Breakfast but I could eat a plate of that.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Mr Walleye

Looks absolutely awesome WTS!

:P  :P  :P  :P  :P

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

sherlock

I am hungry. Got the corporate jet ready?????

You do deliver don't you???????????????

Now I have to clean up the drool from my desk.

;D

Consiglieri

I'm going to have to give this one a try too.   Pretty soon I'm going to need a three ring binder for my to do list.

Well done. 
Consiglieri

Mr Walleye

Quote from: Consiglieri on March 12, 2009, 08:58:50 AM
I'm going to have to give this one a try too.   Pretty soon I'm going to need a three ring binder for my to do list.

Well done. 

Ya mean you don't already have one???  :D

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Tenpoint5

Well done. 

Its a lot easier to get one of them 2 gig flash drives and put it on there.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Consiglieri

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on March 12, 2009, 11:12:12 AM

Well done. 

Its a lot easier to get one of them 2 gig flash drives and put it on there.

Isn't a pot roast too big to place on a 2 gig flash drive?  Where will you put the potatoes?
Consiglieri

Ka Honu

Quote from: Consiglieri on March 12, 2009, 11:29:35 AMIsn't a pot roast too big to place on a 2 gig flash drive?  Where will you put the potatoes?

Although somewhat more difficult with roasts over 5 pounds, the task may be readily accomplished as follows:

1.  Stand the flash drive on its end (might require some "squaring off" of the casing). 
     2.  Spear the potato (with the USB port) to rest atop it, thus creating a (somewhat lumpy) platform.
     3.  Carefully balance the roast on the potato.  If the meat "droops" over the sides, you can fold any loose flaps toward the top (and staple together if necessary). 
     4.  Additional veggies can be affixed to the roast with toothpicks.  Be careful to symmetrically distribute any additional weight to maintain equilibrium.
     5.  Use of chopsticks to prop up the sides of the roast or fishing line to suspend it from the ceiling are not recommended as they make the completed work appear "amateurish."

If the method described above doesn't work for you, the easiest alternative is to buy a bigger flash drive (In the world of the unbalanced, size does matter). 

Although there are alternative solutions they should only be performed by trained and experienced professionals operating on a closed track with the proper safety equipment.

Up In Smoke

WTS,
you got me wanting to put my first OBS brisket Up In Smoke!!
gonna have to use a different wood.
may rub it down sat. evening then put the smoke to it early sunday.
would you recommend a flat cut or point cut for a brisket virgin?

2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

westexasmoker

Quote from: Up In Smoke aka smokinrookie on March 12, 2009, 05:36:45 PM
WTS,
you got me wanting to put my first OBS brisket Up In Smoke!!
gonna have to use a different wood.
may rub it down sat. evening then put the smoke to it early sunday.
would you recommend a flat cut or point cut for a brisket virgin?                                                    

What is this other wood you speak of???  ;D  I would try to find one with the flat and point still intact, otherwise the flat is the leaner of the two and makes for some excellent slices, the point which will slice up fine I like to use it for chopped sandwichs! 

C

aces-n-eights

Although somewhat more difficult with roasts over 5 pounds, the task may be readily accomplished as follows:

1.  Stand the flash drive on its end (might require some "squaring off" of the casing). 
     2.  Spear the potato (with the USB port) to rest atop it, thus creating a (somewhat lumpy) platform.
     3.  Carefully balance the roast on the potato.  If the meat "droops" over the sides, you can fold any loose flaps toward the top (and staple together if necessary). 
     4.  Additional veggies can be affixed to the roast with toothpicks.  Be careful to symmetrically distribute any additional weight to maintain equilibrium.
     5.  Use of chopsticks to prop up the sides of the roast or fishing line to suspend it from the ceiling are not recommended as they make the completed work appear "amateurish."

If the method described above doesn't work for you, the easiest alternative is to buy a bigger flash drive (In the world of the unbalanced, size does matter). 

Although there are alternative solutions they should only be performed by trained and experienced professionals operating on a closed track with the proper safety equipment.

[/quote]

:D :D ;D :D :D
US Army, retired, x2
Soldotna Alaska
"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well."
Psalm 109:8

Ka Honu

Quote from: Up In Smoke aka smokinrookie on March 12, 2009, 05:36:45 PM... would you recommend a flat cut or point cut for a brisket virgin?

Unlike some other first experiences with meat, the relatively uniform thickness of flats may make them your best bet.

La Quinta

Holy Sh*t the bed WTS...I am truly jealous of that piece of meat...Looks (and I bet tastes) absoultely amazing...dang...I know you probably used "the wood of which we shall not speak" but...WOW...great job...  :)

westexasmoker

And leftovers heated up, not to bad!

C