Cheese & pepperoni

Started by pensrock, March 15, 2009, 07:27:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadking

Quote from: pensrock on March 16, 2009, 02:02:16 PM
That is true, by adding more legnth to the ducting it will cool more. Are you going to be at the smokeout that Nepas is having in June?
Wife and I will be there. Don't know what I'm bringing as of yet. I'll be coming up from our seasonal campsite in Stevens, Pa.
So I was thinking of a smoked turkey when there done they taste like a ham.

pensrock

I've done turkey before they are great. I'm going to do my best to be there, looking fwd to meeting everyone.

Up In Smoke

pens,
i tried the smoked pepperoni, i couldn't find Hormel so i used Bridgeford, it came out pretty good.
thanks for posting this, i am gonna make a pizza later this week.
still looking for Hormel though!
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

pensrock

I cannot say what brands will be good or not. I know the hormel brand they sell around here comes out great. I hope your came out as good. I also wait a good week before eating this to allow it to pull the smoke inside.
You'll love it on pizza.

Up In Smoke

pens,
i found some hormel.
gonna give it a whirl this weekend...nothing better than a taste test!
2 Bradley OBS
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

pensrock

I agree, smoke them then wait about a week then do a side by side taste test. Let me know the results.

Up In Smoke

pens,
sorry.. i didn't get a chance to smoke the Hormel till today.
vac sealed and waiting till Easter to try.
will post results as soon as available.
2 Bradley OBS

pensrock

I'm sure you will like it.  :)

Up In Smoke

pens,
i finally got to open the pepperoni today  :D :D :D
you were absolutely right (not that i doubted that for a minute)
the Hormel is much better than the Bridgeford.
less grease and way more flavor.
thank you for this post...now all i have to do is figure
out what i am going to do with 5 sticks!!
and find a recipe for Sicilian pizza.
2 Bradley OBS

deb415611

pensrock

I'm glad you liked it. Not sure I would have tried five sticks the very first time though.  :) It will keep for a very long time. Vac seal it and keep in the fridge, I have never tried to freeze so cannot suggest that.

Smoked and put on pizza is fantastic! Once you try it you will not want regular pepperoni on pizza ever again. As far as pizza recipes, follow anything Deb suggests. She knows how to make great pizzaa. I made a couple NY style pizzas from her posted recipes and they came out great.

seemore

pens did some pepperoni saturday damm it is good thanks
seemore ;D

pensrock