Pork Ribs N Dino Bones

Started by NePaSmoKer, March 25, 2009, 08:50:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

Have a rack of pork ribs going along with a rack of dino bones. In the BPS with low heat and a mix of cherry and oak. Just rub on the pork and a combo of PYM and rub on the dino bones  ;D

Here is some of the swamp at Florida State Caverns where the motor home is parked.

Yup
I dont think so  :o

nepas

Ka Honu

Your ribs look great (as always).  The part I don't understand is why you'd vacation in a swamp where they have to post signs to remind you that you're not even top dog (so to speak) in the food chain.

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Ka Honu on March 25, 2009, 08:56:19 AM
Your ribs look great (as always).  The part I don't understand is why you'd vacation in a swamp where they have to post signs to remind you that you're not even top dog (so to speak) in the food chain.

My MIL is what they call a snow bird. Leaved the delaware area in the winter and goes to FL until spring. Me and wife driver her motor home to FL in the fall and one of hers sons fly down to drive it back. None were available to do this so i did it after ATL with my wife.

Well i have my 45  with me and if the little bugger gets to close...BANG........Smoked gator steaks  ;D

I will tell the ranger the gator tried to eat my pup  ;D

nepas

Ka Honu

I understand snow birds - they're one of the major life forms here.  I still don't get the swamp & gator thing though; our snowbirds tend to seek out and thrive on beaches and Mai Tais.  Must be a different subspecies.

Also not all that sure that a .45 would do the job on a large gator.  They'd probably just blink at the noise and keep on chewing.  I'd probably opt for the "shoot & run" technique (shoot the guy next to me in the leg and run like Hell).

sherlock

lumpy

Hey thats really funny Ka Honu!
I love that "shoot and run" technique. Have to remember that next time I'm packing and my buddy is not ;D

Lumpy

Mr Walleye

:D  :D  :D  ;D

LMAO

I always go by the theory... "I don't have to be faster then the critter that's chasing me... I just have to be able to outrun those that are with me."

;)  :D  ;D

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Caneyscud

The last instruction on the sign is a' propos to continued enjoyment of your camping experience.  Roughly translated, it means "run like HELL"!

Shakespeare
The Bard of Hot Aire
Pontificator Extraordinaire'
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

NePaSmoKer

These ribs are all done.

Dino bones.

pork ribs.

close up of pork ribs

And after dinner.....Relax, enjoy a ceegar  ;D

scary aint it  :D

nepas

Mr Walleye

Atta a boy NePas!

They all look great!  ;)

Did ya feed the bones to the gators?  :D

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Smokin Soon

Looks great Nepa! The great outdoors, the BPS. Gives me some new respect for the portable smoker. Is the cover a one time shot or do you clean them?

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Smokin Soon on March 25, 2009, 04:59:04 PM
Looks great Nepa! The great outdoors, the BPS. Gives me some new respect for the portable smoker. Is the cover a one time shot or do you clean them?

You get 3 reusable covers with the BPS. The covers are for 3 uses but i have got 6 uses from them. After smoking take the cover, turn upsode down and let it dry. If you don't the cover will stick together and tear next time you try to use it. They are like reinforced foil covers with vents at the top sides and in the back.

I really like mine.

nepas

Smokin Soon

Thanks Nepa, I have some RV friends that are interested and will let them know. There are a lot of the Technical trade folks who went mobile due to the economic meltdown, and now do contract jobs and move on.

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Smokin Soon on March 25, 2009, 05:27:42 PM
Thanks Nepa, I have some RV friends that are interested and will let them know. There are a lot of the Technical trade folks who went mobile due to the economic meltdown, and now do contract jobs and move on.

No problem

nepas

westexasmoker

Those look great as always Nepas!......But yeah that last pic is scarier than a gator!   ;D

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!