• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Waiting for my Smoker

Started by islandcrabber, March 26, 2009, 04:37:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

islandcrabber

I am waiting for my new OBS, can't wait to start smoking.  I have been using a small BBQ Pro smoker for a year I feel like I'm stepping up to the big leagues.  I like doing shoulders and ribs, are there any problems with fitting these both in a 4 rack?

Thanks

NePaSmoKer

Hi islandcrabber welcome to the forum.

The only problem you might have is the length of the ribs, you might have to cut them in half. Shoulders no problema  ;D

Otherwise enjoy your major smoker upgrade. Be sure to season it per the instructions. Never close your vent all the way. If you make jerky use your pan to catch the pucks but have no water in it. I'll leave it alone now so the other forum members can give you some tips and pointers  ;D

nepas

beefmann

welcome to the forum Island

the only porblem i have ran into is the baby back ribs were to long to fit into the smoker and had to cut to fit .. other then that  smoke like you  useally would and add your favorite sauce.... ohh by the way ... have a beer  as you  smoke

Smokin Soon

Beef has it covered, Good smoke needs a beer!

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum islandcrabber!

ribs. smoke. beer.

yup. that's it.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Caneyscud

Welcome to the forum islandcrabber!

You are now venturing where all man want to tread.  Where some fear, but where all men need to be!  (and a few of those girls too)  A place where we are appreciated for our abilities!  We've tried burping, farting, scratching, snoring, sports, smelly feet......but no appreciation for those things that we are so good at.  Thankfully, our undying commitment to the best smoked goodies does not go without notice, in fact, some appreciation is shown our efforts.  It feels good.  It is addictive!!!!  We have a purpose!!!!!  We are of blue smoke kinship!!!  We are  SMOKERS!

Shakespeare
The Bard of Hot Aire
Pontificator Extraordinaire'
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

Smokin Soon

When in a pinch for space for ribs I use a rib rack. They work great.

http://store.grilling4all.com/sm8017.html

Many brands available.

islandcrabber

Thanks for all the tips, I look forward to many good smokes, and cold beer!

Roadking

Quote from: Caneyscud on March 27, 2009, 05:56:08 AM
Welcome to the forum islandcrabber!

You are now venturing where all man want to tread.  Where some fear, but where all men need to be!  (and a few of those girls too)  A place where we are appreciated for our abilities!  We've tried burping, farting, scratching, snoring, sports, smelly feet......but no appreciation for those things that we are so good at.  Thankfully, our undying commitment to the best smoked goodies does not go without notice, in fact, some appreciation is shown our efforts.  It feels good.  It is addictive!!!!  We have a purpose!!!!!  We are of blue smoke kinship!!!  We are  SMOKERS!

Shakespeare
The Bard of Hot Aire
Pontificator Extraordinaire'

Alright!!!!!! Where do I sign up.......

islandcrabber

I finally received my Stainless Steel OBS.  I can't wait to get it seasoned and throw on some pork.  I also purchased a Maverick E7 Thermometer, should I go with a Auber temp controller also?  Thanks for any info.