• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Emergency Help...

Started by icerat4, March 28, 2009, 12:52:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

icerat4

I need to buy 2 some gens asap or two new smokers..i have so much to do before easter and both of my gens dont cook the pucks good seems they lost the heat or my pucks are bad .ive used lots of diff patches the plate gets hot but the pucks dont burn like they use too..Any help out here ......

Just another weekend with the smoker...

Mr Walleye

Icerat

It almost sounds like your pucks are damp. Do they seem damp? Have you tried fresh
briquettes?
Does the burner plate on the generators seem to be getting hot?

If you are going to replace the generators or the burner plates you can get both from Bryan at Yard & Pool. Here's a link. I would give him a call or send him an email and see how fast he can get them out to you.

http://www.yardandpool.com/Bradley-Smoker-Replacement-Parts-s/341.htm

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

icerat4

yea both plates are hot to the touch...are my pucks  ucked   the paltes are hot so were saying damp pucks huh..i kinda thought that too

icerat4

the plate is hot enough to ignite the pucks .but not enough smoke at all the puck burn half way threw and there done...

Mr Walleye

Do you have access to some fresh pucks to give them a try?

I would do that before you replace anything. Having said that I keep my pucks in my heated garage (Canada) and at times there is a fair bit of humidity from the snow melting off vehicles but I have never had a problem.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Habanero Smoker

Hi Icerat4;

If it is not the bisquettes, check the burner face. Make sure that it is clean and there is not build up. As Mike stated if the generator is working fine, and the cleaning and fresh bisquettes don't work, I would just purchase two new plates.

Also I found that the JB bisquettes only burn half way through on my heat plate.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Oldman

Hey Rat~~!

Long time. No help from me but a big HELLO~~!
Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

smokeitall

I had damp pucks once....not good....they didn't burn, jammed up, and really made a nasty mess.  I won't made that mistake again.  Hopefully thats your problem and you can fix it for the cost of new pucks and some cleaning.

iceman

It does sound like damp pucks Rat. Had sort of the same problem when I stored them in an unheated shed during the winter. They get stored in my heated smoke house and sealed airtight now. Haven't had a problem since. Check the PM I sent you.

icerat4

Yea im thinking pucks too the plate and rod are very very hot ..these pucks are what 1-2 years old.I bought them when chez bubba was having his fire sale...Man i miss chex bubbas...i did put some other pucks on and they burnt faster..Thanks guys...So i have a boat load of no good pucks i take it....they were in a sealed bin in my basement for a long time...Hi olds .You old dog....Thanks guys its been a while since i smoked stuff.but Its Game on again..... ;D

Wildcat

Hi Rat!  Nice to see you post again.  Do not throw out the pucks too quick.  I got a lot of them from Chez and still use them.  I keep them in the house.  Have not had a problem with mine.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

car54

Icerat,

Good to hear from you. I would not through the pucks away. You should be able to dry them in a low oven or a dehydrator.

Brad

NePaSmoKer

Rat

Been out of town for 2 weeks. Lemme check and see what i have.

nepas

icerat4

I used the mestique pucks and then i changed to alder and then they burnt alot better...The hot plate was burning hot so ..like i said im sure just a bad patch of pucks..I am doing 15 pounds brisket 8 pounds of the great aint mas meatloaf.12 slabs of ribs and 15 pounds of pulled pork fro easter 35 people..i think theres enough huh...Thank guys for the replys as usual... :o ;D

icerat4

Hey thanks for the pms guys and the help.i got new pucks and man what a differnce..i never experinced bad pucks since i went thru them so fast .But these puck sat a good year .The new pucks are tight like hockey pucks the old ones look like thell break apart easy .i will take pics and show ya guys the diff..Thanks again guys ...Now back to the big easter smoke out lol.. ;D