• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

What's Smoking - Easter Weekend?

Started by Caneyscud, April 09, 2009, 10:01:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caneyscud

I'm sure there's going to be some ham put in the smokers this weekend!  How are ya'll gonna do them up?  Anything else going into the smokers?  I've got a cook on Friday and Saturday for some of our wounded soldiers and veterans.  A group of us fly fishers around here are getting together to entertain (a few good pickers - this is Nashville isn't it?), teach and take them fly fishing, and to feed them.  Hamburger and brats for Friday night.  Caney's breakfast burritos for Sat. Breakfast, and Barbecue for Sat. evening.  I'll be doing 2 or 3 briskets, a beef shoulder or two and probably 5 or 6 butts, and some boneless yardbird thighs.  Along with some ABT's, fatties, and moinkballs.  I'll be a tired puppy by Sat. evening.  But my clothes will be smelling fine and my belly full!

Shakespeare
The Bard of Hot Aire
Pontificator Extraordinaire'
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

smokeitall

Wow that will be quite the spread.

Me I have to go out of town and I do not own a BPS......yet

It will be a sad smokeless weekend  >:(

Dysartsmoker

Making 50lb sausage tonight and smoking also going to try some gravlox style salmon.
Jack

smokers

Bradley original

Centro Electric Digital Smoker

LUHR JENSEN MINI CHIEF TOP LOAD 15LB SM

Great outdoors smokey mountain

7 IN 1 MASTERBUILT

old school wood pit

Ka Honu

I'm pretty much done with smoking for the week but will be likely doing a bunch of 'shroom bombs (maybe with some pulled pork in them?) and bacon-wrapped potato bites in TBE for Easter brunch appetizers - a great choice for a nice Jewish boy like me, especially when Easter and Passover coincide.

lumpy

After the boys big smoke night last saturday night and now that my wife is back in town, I think I'll be smok'n sump'm else ;) this weekend ;D

Have a great weekend all

Lumpy

Tenpoint5

Got 50lbs of fresh sausage to do on Friday. That's it.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

car54

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

PROBABLY NOTHING

Habanero Smoker

Nothing here also. Smoked my ham on Monday.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Smokin Soon

Easter is canceled for me and the wife, we are both in retail now, no holiday pay and shorter hours for that day. Thank the economy for that! But hey! It's what we gotta do.

Stargazer

Cured up a small pork shoulder, 12lbs in brown sugar and smoked in hickory and alittle applewood, let sit foiled for a day then vac sealed for a few days until Easter. Then reheating up for Easter dinner along with baked beans and homemade mac & cheese.

Dads birthday was yesterday "April 9th" and smoked up a prime rib for him, and currently smoking up 2 boston butts tonight for pulled pork tomorrow night dinner. But its slightly raining which has me alittle worried, but the Bradley seems to be kicking butt "mind the pun" :P

So lots of meaty leftovers here for Easter :)
Go here for all your smoke and grilling needs: http://www.yardandpool.com

FLBentRider

I trimmed 25lbs of pork loin for Canadian Bacon - sitting in the cure getting happy..., and candied 4 pineapples.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

HCT

Smoking up a Cook's ham, tasso, Italian sausages and some grilled burgers for Easter. :)
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

smokeitall

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on April 09, 2009, 02:20:17 PM

You couldn't have done it on Thursday and brought a sample on Thursday night???? >:(

Tenpoint5

Quote from: smokeitall on April 10, 2009, 08:00:36 AM
Quote from: Tenpoint5 on April 09, 2009, 02:20:17 PM

You couldn't have done it on Thursday and brought a sample on Thursday night???? >:(

I kinda thought 28 pounds of fresh Bacon Bellies would hold you over for the weekend. Stop by the house on your way home I'll hook you up. Let them boy's run alittle.

Ok that was trade for the proofer. You should through it in the freezer for the trip home use less ice maybe a smaller cooler to help on the ice as well
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

La Quinta

We're gonna try lamb ribs (store called them breasts) but they are ribs...never tried these...actually never seen them before..but the legs were $6/lb....these were WAY cheaper...they are marinating in balsamic, fresh garlic, pepper and rosemary (from the yard)....I'm gonna smoke one rack and just bake the other in the oven...hell...I'm just gonna wing it...perhaps somebody else has made these? If not...I'll let ya know how they come out?  :) ;)