• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Had a Fresh Sausage kinda day

Started by Tenpoint5, April 10, 2009, 09:41:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

After a couple of Barley Pops its all Vac sealed and in the freezers. I made 25 Lbs of Brats with 4 Lbs of Cheese, 10 Lbs of Garlic and 5lbs of Hot sausage. Which after I had it stuffed, realized I had forgot to add the 6 Tblsp of Hot Sauce the recipe called for. Wasn't going back will remember next time. Here's what roughly 45 Lbs of fresh sausage look like waiting to be Vac Sealed. The two trays front left are the Brats the one on the right is the Garlic and the Hot is in back.

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Smokin Soon

That, my friend, just leaves me speechless. Beautiful!

La Quinta

HOLY CRAP...you are a hubby from above. Dude...you have the luckiest family/friends on the PLANET!!! Looks really great 10.5...you rock...I wish I could do that...not in that volume...but...the fat to meat ratio looks awesome...Well done...

3rensho

Amazing sight!!  I've seen deli's that don't look that good.  Excellent job.
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

HCT

"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

Mr Walleye

Excellent job 10.5!  8)

Two thumbs up!  ;)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

pensrock

Great looking, and I'm sure tasting sausage. When I make sausage I get rushed and very few of the links looks the same but yours are perfect! Nice job.

pfowl01

looks great!!! I have a question.....do you have to rinse out your stuffer in-between batches or can you just keep going?

Roadking

Tenpoint that totally looks awesome. I've been making sausage along time and mine don't come out looking like that. Beautiful job!

What type of cheese did you add to the Brats?

Tenpoint5

Pfowl, I probably should have rinsed out my stuffer between batches but I just made a little surprise sausage That is a combination of both.

Roadking, If I told you I put Motzyrella Cheese in it then I would have to kill ya!!! So I'm not going to say anything. ;D The cheese was mixed in AFTER the second grind, it never went through the grinder.

LQ, Some of what you see as the fat to meat ratio is the white Cheese. 

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Roadking

I know you didn't put in Motzyrella Cheese but you might have put in Mozzarella Cheese.  ;D Maybe!

Next time wife and I make a batch we were talking about adding some smoked Gouda cheese.

NePaSmoKer

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Roadking on April 11, 2009, 08:30:40 AM
I know you didn't put in Motzyrella Cheese but you might have put in Mozzarella Cheese.  ;D Maybe!

Next time wife and I make a batch we were talking about adding some smoked Gouda cheese.

Yeah something like that But there aint NO way I'm telling you that I also put 3 cans of Busch Light in it as well!!! I know I should have used something else but that's what I drink and it was in the fridge.

westexasmoker

I do believe that is entirely to much for you, find the nearest UPS and send some my way!  LOOKS GREAT!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

West Coast Sausage Maker

I've made sausage for years commercialy, and those my friend are a thing of beauty :)
soylent green is people