• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

hacked off

Started by Caneyscud, April 14, 2009, 09:15:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caneyscud

I go looking for a cart of some type that would hold my DBS - one that could stay outside all the time with out rusting, etc. that could also hole the smoke generator in a cabinet beneath the top.  The Suncoast BGC2000 looked to fill the bill as I did not want to pay more for the cart than I did for the DBS (or just about any grill I have ever owned).  Apparently Amazon was the only store I could find that sells it and they say they are unavailable.  The Barbecue Station looks pretty good, but appears to have a divider at the cabinet doors that would not allow the smoke generator to be stored in the cabinet.  Past those two, I have not been able to find anything that fits my wants without paying $600 or making it myself.  I've seen most of the carts on the forum, but most do not fit what I want.  It is to stay outside year-round and not under any kind of awning or cover.  I guess, I could buy just about any cart and find some sort of cover that would cover the entire shebang.  But I already have a bradley cover, and I don't really want to pay for another even if I could find one that would fit.  Anybody else come across some sort of cart that would fit my wants?

Shakespeare
The Bard of Hot Aire
Pontificator Extraordinaire'
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

Tenpoint5

Caney, Your looking for something like this?
I found this at the local Lowes store. The cabinet doors open and there is a slide out shelf on the inside. There should be more than ample room for the S/G on the bottom if you pull the tube off and you can lock the doors. If you can't read the name its made by Clarke
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

smokeitall

Is that picture kinda fuzzy or is that the whole neighborhood full of smoke?  You might want to take that lock off the cabinet and put it on the smoker box  ;D ;D ;D

Caneyscud

That is what I am looking for.  Be better in resin or plastic to weather better, but if I could find that, it would work.  BUT, just looked on Lowe's site, could not find it, and look on some other sites that carried Clarke stuff and could not find it.  I guess it looks like a lunch time jaunt to Lowe's - lots worse things to do at lunch.

Thanks

Shakespeare
The Bard of Hot Aire
Pontificator Extraordinaire'
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

Tenpoint5

Quote from: smokeitall on April 14, 2009, 09:49:11 AM
Is that picture kinda fuzzy or is that the whole neighborhood full of smoke?  You might want to take that lock off the cabinet and put it on the smoker box  ;D ;D ;D

Kinda fuzzy from the rain falling that day. The picture was taken last fall.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

lumpy

This would be a great opportunity for Bradley to jump in on.
I too leave my unit outside and have been looking for a weather proof stand/cabinet for months but have not found anything.

I will probably resort to something home made. Stainless would be the ticket!

Lumpy

pensrock

Why not just build a small building about the size of an outhouse to store it in? That could not cost very much. You can have shelves and storage under the smoker.

lumpy

If I have to build anything bigger than a ****house for my Bradley, I may as well move into it :D
(according to my wife)

But..........it is a good idea!

Lump