Iron Chef Ingredients and Smack Talk Thread

Started by Tenpoint5, April 18, 2009, 06:24:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deb415611

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on May 03, 2009, 07:01:19 AM
Mrs. Seemore your entry looks great but if you want feedback. It's missing the Tzatziki Sauce on top to finish it off. IMHO Other than that it looks great in my book.

Mrs,

I agree with 10.5.  My son is a hummus/falafal lover and I'm going to try your recipe out.   :)

Deb

KyNola

You know what?  I just KNEW Habs was lurking out there in the weeds.  Have you taken a look at his entry?  Really nice work Habs!!

Is it too late for me to withdraw as I am an all too obvious amateur compared to you guys (and gals)!

KyNola

Up In Smoke

this was just too funny to me for some reason,
i left the kitchen door open while i was smoking some peanuts and chicken wings.
i realized that i had not seen bailey in a while so i checked outside (he sneeked out when i wasn't looking)
he was laying on the hill behind the house! he had positioned himself so he could see into the kitchen so he
knew when i was looking for him.
the first thought that came to mind was when Kynola said there were people lurking in the weeds.
sorry i just had to do this post! :D :D
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

westexasmoker

Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

KyNola

Good one UIS!

WTS, I felt confident you were lurking about out there as well.

KyNola

westexasmoker

I just could'nt figure out how to make a brisket look like a porkloin!  ;D

Ya know this was/is pretty cool, we might have to do this again!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

La Quinta

Hab's looks amazing...well done...all of these dishes are killer....this was fun! I know I just did burgers (which I have already been chastised for)...just wanted to do something different...had a good time with this.... :)

Gizmo

No Chastizing from here LQ.  If you consider most of the entries were variations of stuffed loins, the Iron Chef judges would have to give you extra points on some originality.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Tenpoint5

Quote from: westexasmoker on May 03, 2009, 02:26:13 PM
C

WTS that's why I saved all of the ingredient slips. Just incase we want to do this again. Minus the Pork Tenderloin, Raisin's and Pinenuts Once drawn can't get used again.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Tenpoint5

Quote from: KyNola on May 03, 2009, 12:57:11 PM
Is it too late for me to withdraw as I am an all too obvious amateur compared to you guys (and gals)!
KyNola

YES IT IS TOO LATE TO WITHDRAW!!! You talked the talk now you gots to do the walk!!! Or I will let the ladies have at you Larry and I don't think I can cover your back!!! :D ;D

POST IT POST IT

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

deb415611

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on May 03, 2009, 05:13:47 PM
Quote from: westexasmoker on May 03, 2009, 02:26:13 PM
C

WTS that's why I saved all of the ingredient slips. Just incase we want to do this again. Minus the Pork Tenderloin, Raisin's and Pinenuts Once drawn can't get used again.

Cool, I'm ready for round 2!

KyNola

I posted it yesterday.  It's on the site but it really pales in comparison to what has been posted of late.

KyNola

Tenpoint5

Quote from: KyNola on May 03, 2009, 05:31:54 PM
I posted it yesterday.  It's on the site but it really pales in comparison to what has been posted of late.

KyNola

OOOP's  I knew that. Been a Long day chasing yardapes and visiting the inlaws. Even mowed the FIL's yard for him.

Tenpoint5

For all those others that might still be hiding in the weeds. Time to come out. Or we will send Bailey in after you!!! I will post the poll at the top of the turn in thread for voting, after the kids get dropped off at school. Which is about 8:05am CST. FAIR WARNING if you want your entry to be counted in the vote!!

IKnowWood

Y'all, these are some serious good eats.  Each post I look at I say, "Gotta Try That!"  But honestly most of these require a level of culinary art I have yet to try.  Heck, just chopping the Pinyon Nuts fine like you all do.  Wow.  But I know that I will not try these as my wife hates Raisons.  Some of these might be able to remove them, but most not, defeats the purpose.

Now to wonder which embody the aroma and texture of each main ingredient and do not put them on the sideline but up front and central and blend so perfectly.

I must say, the aptitude of Sauce making is great, sure I can make a good béarnaise and bordelaise and every once and a while a good Jalapeno, Lime, and Cilantro reduction, but wow, these look good.

Good job all.
IKnowWood
Coming to you from the DelMarVa (US East Coast that is)

Look up Our Time Tested And Proven recipes