Pork Butt on sale

Started by Smokeville, April 19, 2009, 03:15:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokeville

It's $1.09/lb at Yuan Ming Supermarket, 1000 Burnhamthorpe Rd. West, in Mississauga.

Until April 30.

Regards, Rich

Up In Smoke

isn't that just south of atlanta?
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Wildcat

Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Smokeville

Quote from: Up In Smoke on April 19, 2009, 03:57:51 PM
isn't that just south of atlanta?

Nope, Mississauga Ontario (Canada)

Mr Walleye

I wish I could find prices like that here in Saskatchewan. The best I do is about 1.89 for butts.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Roadking

Yep, $1.90 a pound around here. At $1.09 I'd fill the chest freezer or at least half way.

Smokeville

Quote from: Mr Walleye on April 19, 2009, 07:02:08 PM
I wish I could find prices like that here in Saskatchewan. The best I do is about 1.89 for butts.

Mike

Yuan Ming is a Chinese supermarket that took over a Canadian Tire location that moved... It's pretty big. They always have some pork on sale... once upon a time they had bone-in pork shoulder roasts at 0.59cents/lb.

We'll see what the quality is like. Sometimes the meat is pretty fatty and looks like it was cut up by someone wearing a blindfold.

Rich

Smokin Soon

I have an Asian market here that has a sale on butts once a month at 99 cents a pound, but they have a "1 per family rule" to keep out the small restaurant buyers. NUTTS!  :D

La Quinta

I love Asian markets!!! Great deals...great products!!  :) Lots of variety in meats and fish!! Love it!!

Smokeville

Quote from: Smokin Soon on April 19, 2009, 07:44:21 PM
I have an Asian market here that has a sale on butts once a month at 99 cents a pound, but they have a "1 per family rule" to keep out the small restaurant buyers. NUTTS!  :D

Yuan Ming will probably have a sign up like that too. I'll find out today.

Smokeville

Well, no limit sign at least. I got there about 1pm and the bin was empty. A fellow came over and I pointed to the bin and he just shrugged and walked away. Yuan Ming is kind of like that. But I noticed a huge pile of butts ready to be cut, so I waited for about 10 minutes, and then went back and bought 4 of them.

About 5 lb each, bone-in, and they look very nice.

Rich

sherlock

No butts

Did find some nice boneless pork sirloin steaks cut about an inch thick for 99 cents. Looks great. Bought about 10#. Will decide what to do with them later.

Roadking

Wife was out yesterday at BJ's Wholesale Club and called me. She picked up 2 - 14 lb. butts for $1.20 a pound, that's the cheapest we've paid in a long time.
One of the butts is going to be Brown & Serve breakfast sausage this Thursday. Then comes the Kielbasa probably the following week.

NePaSmoKer

We got butt for $1.09 lb at Weavers mkt in Adamstown PA. 5lb bone in pretty nice looking too  ;D

nepas

Smokeville

Quote from: Roadking on April 21, 2009, 06:45:24 AM
Wife was out yesterday at BJ's Wholesale Club and called me. She picked up 2 - 14 lb. butts for $1.20 a pound, that's the cheapest we've paid in a long time.
One of the butts is going to be Brown & Serve breakfast sausage this Thursday. Then comes the Kielbasa probably the following week.

Roadking!

Can you post your recipes? Especially the one for kielbasa?    :) :) :)

Thanks, Rich