• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Tomorrow's Butt

Started by NePaSmoKer, April 21, 2009, 09:47:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

Well after having 17 days off my wife has to go back to work tomorow. So i am going to smoke a butt. Dont know if its going nto the BS or Traeger yet.

Small 5lb bonein butt, PYM & BBBR

Going to get some tenterizing first before the BBBR  ;D

Rubbed with BBBR

PYM/BBBR all into the butt

In the fridge with ya overnite  ;D

nepas

lumpy

Thanks for the pictures Nepas. Sounds like your retired, me too.

I just could not imagine all this smoking cutting into a work schedule ;D. :D

Lumpy

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: lumpy on April 21, 2009, 10:09:15 AM
Thanks for the pictures Nepas. Sounds like your retired, me too.

I just could not imagine all this smoking cutting into a work schedule ;D. :D

Lumpy

Yeah lumpy retired but not by choice or that age yet  :-\ 

nepas

lumpy

Sorry to hear that.
Just I'm just very lucky!

Lump

easyridinole

Hello Nepa's,

I have been looking for a really good butt rub and have been eyeing up BBBR on the Yard and Pool site. Just wondering if you think this is one of the best out there on the market to buy. I am having a cook off kind of contest with a friend and want to whoop him up. He is going to do his in his Traeger and I am going to do mine in my BDS. This is a friendly little bet when we got arguing on who had the better smoker.  :)

Thanks,

Ole
Most people hate the taste of beer - to begin with. It is, however, a prejudice that many people have been able to overcome.     -WINSTON CHURCHILL-

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: easyridinole on April 21, 2009, 10:49:22 AM
Hello Nepa's,

I have been looking for a really good butt rub and have been eyeing up BBBR on the Yard and Pool site. Just wondering if you think this is one of the best out there on the market to buy. I am having a cook off kind of contest with a friend and want to whoop him up. He is going to do his in his Traeger and I am going to do mine in my BDS. This is a friendly little bet when we got arguing on who had the better smoker.  :)

Thanks,

Ole

Well i wouldn't say BBBR is the best but its pretty close  ;D Dizzy Pig makes some great rubs too. Your going to put your Bradley up against a Traeger?  I wish you the best of luck  ;D  I have a Traeger too and butts turn out excellent in it. (I do like my BS too)

nepas

Gizmo

Quote from: easyridinole on April 21, 2009, 10:49:22 AM
I am having a cook off kind of contest with a friend and want to whoop him up. He is going to do his in his Traeger and I am going to do mine in my BDS. This is a friendly little bet when we got arguing on who had the better smoker.  :)

Challenge him to a cold smoke.   :D  You will have a more unfair advantage but be aware of his return challenge to crisp up the skin on a chicken or turkey with the higher heat on the Treager. 

If you want to possibly turn out a little better or at least different tasting butt, inject it with some cajun injector creole butter.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

easyridinole

Thanks guys,

The way this is supposed to go down is that he is going to make some sort of pulled beef product in his Traeger and I have do a pulled pork in mine. I have all summer to try to perfect something since this will go down on Labor day. We get together with a bunch of friends and neighbors and they are going to vote on which one they like better. I do have a big disadvantage since he owns an upscale supper club and has some of the best food around for miles. He laughed at me, but I still want to take him on!! :) :)

Ole
Most people hate the taste of beer - to begin with. It is, however, a prejudice that many people have been able to overcome.     -WINSTON CHURCHILL-

smokeitall

If you want to possibly turn out a little better or at least different tasting butt, inject it with some cajun injector creole butter.
[/quote]

Hey Giz when would inject the butt?  the night before or right before putting it in the smoker.  Does it matter?

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: smokeitall on April 22, 2009, 07:42:26 AM

Hey Giz when would inject the butt?  the night before or right before putting it in the smoker.  Does it matter?
[/quote]

I mixed up some water, PYM, BBBR and injected the butt the same time i rubbed it. So it was in the fridge overnite.

nepas

NePaSmoKer

I got the butt at 3 hours in the Bradley this morning, going to finish in the Traeger @ 180*.

nepas

NePaSmoKer

My Butts all done  :D

Close up  :o

Just the right amount for wife & daughters lunches for the week.

nepas

Smokin Soon

Gotta love that BBBR! I buy it in the big pound and a half size! Lookin good Nepa!

Up In Smoke

smokeitall,
i don't know if it makes too much difference....
i inject mine about 30 minutes before i smoke with Tony's butter creole marinade.
i just love that stuff!
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

smokeitall

Hey Up in smoke I agree I love the butter creole marinade, I just never thought about it for pulled pork, damn I gotta go to the store tomorrow and make one this weekend after my bacon.