I cant take it any more

Started by OU812, November 06, 2009, 06:16:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caribou

OU,
Great pic!
So glad to see your dad up and about  :)
Carolyn

La Quinta

He looks stellar...so glad for your family...it's a tough time for everybody...stiff upper lip man... ; :)

OU812

Just a little up date.

The old man is in PT and doing good, they have him walking on the tread mill with a million wires and some breathing things hooked up to him and doing some exercises to strengthen his chest muscles. He still cant open a bag of chips, which drives him crazy and has a hard time sitting up from when he is in bed but getting better every day.

Now the Doc wants him to loose 30 lbs. Ha, you should here him bitch about that one. "I havent been under 200 lbs for 35 G** D** years and there aint no G** D** way I'm going to loose 30 G** D** lbs what do they want me to do starve" Its kinda funny to here him cuss, just the way he says it.

ArnieM

Quote from: OU812 on December 11, 2009, 08:46:33 AM
... He still cant open a bag of chips, which drives him crazy
Get him some scissors.

... and has a hard time sitting up from when he is in bed ...
Get him a 25 year old nurse to help out  ;D

I'm really glad to hear he's recovering well.  We're all with ya.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

OU812

Hell I'd like to have a 25year old nurse to help me out in bed.  ;D  ::)  :o

KevinG

Heck, I'd settle for letting her tie my shoes!
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

ArnieM

Quote from: OU812 on December 11, 2009, 09:07:53 AM

But, then, why would you want to get out of bed  ??? :D ;D
-- Arnie

OU812

Quote from: ArnieM on December 11, 2009, 09:13:09 AM
Quote from: OU812 on December 11, 2009, 09:07:53 AM

But, then, why would you want to get out of bed  ??? :D ;D

So she could help me out in the shower.  ;D

KyNola

My father had 5 bypasses and appeared despondent after he went home.  He started the physical rehab and there was a HUGE change in him, both physically and mentally.  Glad to hear your Dad is responding well.

Keep the faith.

KyNola

Quarlow

If I had a twenty five year old nurse tying my shoes I wouldn't be able to get out of bed. The covers would have to hide certain indiscretions. :-[ :-[ :-[
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

KevinG

Would that be like one of those pop up tents?  :o
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

ArnieM

Quote from: KevinG on December 11, 2009, 10:02:02 AM
Would that be like one of those pop up tents?  :o

Likely, yes.  But the Cub Scout size.  ;D ;D ;D
-- Arnie

Quarlow

Oh so you now about the family curse, :-[ who told you Arnie?  >:(
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ

OU812

I totally forgot to tell everyone

The old man had a small amount of fluid in his lungs and was on oxygen for a wile, bitching about the Doc and how many medications he was on. But was up and getting around better than last time I was there. That was just before Christmas.

We went to see him new years day and he was back to his ornery self, the fluid was gone and he was off the oxygen. He has moved up to the big boy weight machines and working on some ecliptic's. He is really moving along good he wants to do things the Doc and trainers wont let him do, you should here him bitch about that. I couldnt help my self when he said that there are mostly women at PT, I said you were just trying to show off with trying to push your self farther than the trainers would let you. He said well wouldnt you? I said ya but I wasn't gutted like a deer. He got a good laugh out of that one.

Talked to him just the other day and it sounds like he is really liking PT as he is feelin better every day and aint short of breath any more. He is moving up on the weights and reps and the time doing ecliptic's, he said he will be as big as Arnold by the end of this. I said you go stud muffin. He liked that one.

Sounds like he is well on his way to a full recovery.

Thanks for the support everyone.

Curt

Quarlow

Good to hear that OU. Glad he is give them a hard time, that's how you know he's doing fine.

OBS
BBQ