Ok Who Is A-Smokin' What This Weekend - The Cat Is Back.

Started by Oldman, May 17, 2006, 11:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Consiglieri

Maple: because I'm a caring guy, I'm more than happy to volunteer my fridge for the aging, if you think it will be tough to wait (heh, heh).  does look good.
Consiglieri

Arcs_n_Sparks

West Coast Kansan

:) Looks great. Hope you have better luck waiting than I... ;D
Enjoy, this one looks like a victory dance.

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

mapleleafsgurl

Thanks, PigOut!

NePa...i can smell them too every time i open my fridge!

Consiglieri....thanks for your kind offer, but i wouldn't want to torture you like that!

Thanks A n S

WCK....I admit I was bad...had to sample  :-X  was yummie...hope it gets better and better

By the way...it's Canadian Bacon....I noticed that I didn't specify in my OP.  Habanero Smoker's Recipe.

Cheers,

mapes

Wildcat

Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

LilSmoker

mapleleafsgurl: Your bacon looks fantastic!, i've just got in from work, haven't eaten all day ::) i'm drooling all over the place here  ;D ;)

LilSmoker
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

whitetailfan

Got about 15 lbs of bellies in the fridge going on tomorrow a.m.
B&P Maple cure with maple pucks
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.

Habanero Smoker

Well it feels like I'm over my cabin fever. Shop Rite had fresh turkey wings on sale for $.99/lb. I'm going to be marinating them in the Reveo, and smoking them on Sunday.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Tiny Tim

Picked up a 4# butt and half a dozen Turkey Legs Wednesday night that'll be smoked this weekend.  Rubbin' the butt when I get home and gonna drop the legs in some brine.  Butt get's smoked starting tomorrow morning and the legs on Sunday.  Also have a chicken thawing in the fridge to get grilled and slathered in some of Iceman's sauce tomorrow night or Sunday night.  If the b/sless chicken breasts I have thawing in the sink are completely thawed when I get home tonight, I'm gonna get an early sample of the sauce by grilling and saucing them.

Consiglieri

You gotta be a smoker (or sick) if the phrase "rubbin' the butt when I get home" makes your mouth water and jealous.
Consiglieri

Gizmo

Split a whole packer for pastrami and brisket.  Looking good in the neighborhood.   :D
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Tiny Tim

Update.  The chicken breasts weren't thawed out yet, so I fried 'em instead, then rough cubed them, back into the pan with some fresh mushrooms and cream of chicken and mushroom soup, then dumped that mixture over some rice.  Washed down with a couple of glasses of Mirrassou Riesling.

The Butt is in the oven right now because I wasn't comfortable using an extension cord outside from a non-GFCI outlet while its raining....but I'll enjoy it any way.  Just have to kick it up with Iceman's sauce.

The grilled chicken and the smoked Turkey Legs are still on the agenda for tomorrow though.  Pray for dry weather for me please. :D

Buck36

Gizmo

Coyote ..... Disclaimer, it is late, you are on line and I am getting ready to post brisket pictures.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Here is the brisket.  Turned out superb.  This is undoubtedly the moistest brisket I have ever seen.  This is the fat cap side as the flat is curing for pastrami. 

4 hours of smoke ready for the boat.

After the boat and about 10 hours of heat, internal temp to 185 and held for 1 hour.

A long rest and the moisture is very visible.

Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

coyote

Gizmo you crack me up! :D  You got me pegged..........And WOW! that really looks great! :)