• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Well Mrs. seemore, I joined you on the couch yesterday!

Started by Quarlow, February 23, 2010, 08:37:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Up In Smoke

Just saw this,
prayers your way Quarlow,
hoping for a speedy recovery.
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

West Coast Kansan

That is a spooky story.  Hope the recovery goes well.  Chuck

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

dbondy

Just found this post Quarlow, our prayers are going your way so hope you have a fast and speedy recovery.

seemore

Well, Quarlow, I just got back from the doc.  I am now in a WALKING BOOT!!!!!!   What a weird feeling putting my foot back down on the ground again.......I did not have pain when my foot was elevated, but now that it is back on the ground, I am definitely feeling it, and looking for the Advil.   :'(
I am to continue to use the walker, as a means of balance for the next few days.  I think I need to put tennis balls on the front legs, and get a little horn for the front brace..... 8)
I start PT this afternoon.  I am still not released to return to work yet;  the doctor thinks that probably within the next two weeks, depending on how I do in PT.
Scott's sister has been wonderful the past few weeks.  She has carted me to the doctor, and will take me to my PT appointments as well.

How are you feeling?  How is the pain?  Are you able to find a comfortable spot when you sleep?  Are the cats letting you sleep?  Are the cats allowing you to lay on THEIR furniture?  ;)

Quarlow

Thanks again everyone. June glad to hear you are progressing. I know how it feels, 24 years ago I did a fracture dislocation of the left ankle with fractured fibula and tibia. I was 9 months with no weight on my leg and then 2 1/2 months of physio. it was some painfull when they started the electro therapy. I am still in pain and the muscles in my shoulder blade have knotted up on me making having to wear the sling very agonizing. I took the sling off the other day to take a shower and when I lifted my arm to put on my shirt I took a hold of the door frame with the bad arm so as to get the shirt on proper. When the weight transfered to the shoulder as opposed to the arm just hanging it dislocated again till i put my arm back down, then it popped back in. Well that was a painfull lesson as to why it is in a sling for sure.
The cats seem to know I am in pain and they just stay out of my way which is good cause I know a good old dog would be right in there looking to get it's attention like my dog did when my ankle was done. I get an hours worth of sleep here and there but even with the sling you can't get comfortable no how. I figure I'll make up for it in a week or 2 when the pain is less. But I still have my sense of humour and I still enjoyed the most memorable hockey game of a lifetime so all is not lost eh. :D :D
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

seemore

You hang in there!  And you're right:  humor is good medicine.  The cats will get their revenge on you once you are feeling better...... ;)
Mrs