• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Ribs and tenderloin

Started by DTAggie, April 30, 2010, 01:24:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Captainslug on May 04, 2010, 10:05:36 AM
Quote from: classicrockgriller on April 30, 2010, 04:37:40 PM
Before you open them back up take a papertowel and wipe your exhaust from the inside.

They look good.

Use to use that Grub Rub but had to fight to use it everytime cause it would clump up.

CRG,  Could you explain by what you mean to "wipe your exhaust from the inside"?  Sorry if this question seems silly but being the newbie I am I tend to ask these types of questions.

If you look at the picture of the ribs after smoking. You will notice a black spot on the rib on the left. This is known as a "Black Rain" spot. it is caused by to much condensation moisture building up in the exhaust or vent hole and the black residue or creosote becomes saturated with this excess moisture and drips back down onto your meat. Not only is it unappealing it tastes really Nasty! So CRG is implying that he wipes it out real quick while everything is still warm and moist. Basically cleaning the exhaust /vent hole. Hope this helps clear things up for you
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

ArnieM

This is what I do after a few smokes.

Remove the flat vent thingy.  That goes into the sink for cleaning.  Don't lose the screw.

Stuff some paper towels up the chimney from the inside.  Clean the top of the smoker.  I use Cinch. 

Remove the paper towels and soak 'em up with the cleaner.  Clean the chimney from the inside.  Also, wipe any gunk off the inside of the top of the smoker.

The whole point is to keep anything "up there" from dripping down onto food "down there".

I've never cleaned the door seal.  My bad.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

Captainslug

Kinda thought that what was meant.  Just got too hung up on the word "exhaust" and my head kept telling me "vent" but wasn't sure.
Bradley Digital 4 Rack Smoker, 8 Std Racks, cold smoke adapter, 3 alum. pucks, 2nd element, circ. fan, Dual probe PID