• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Last Minute Pork Shoulder

Started by SamuelG, December 09, 2010, 04:16:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SamuelG

Thanks BLSH for the help.

From 8:30-9:30 it moved 5 deg, just moved it to 240.

SamuelG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SamuelG

SamuelG

First one out.   Pictures are more descriptive than words!!

SamuelG

SamuelG

BuyLowSellHigh

That looks perfect!

Was that the unsmoked version ?
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

SamuelG

BLSH yes it was.  This was smoked, than 8 hours in the oven. ( sorry for the cheating )

Thanks for all the help!  It is truly delicious.  Perfect combination of mojo and hickory. 

SamuelG

SamuelG

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

BuyLowSellHigh

Okay, now that makes me rally hungry.  That looks fantastic.  I'm sure your guests will love both of them.

Great work!

BTW - I prefer and use the oven finish regularly.

SamuelG

Special thanks to FLBentRider, Tenpoint5 and BLSH!

The good news is that it was a success, the bad is that they ate all my smoked pork shoulder...GONE!  ;D
and left me with the regular one.  They were both very good but the Hybrid Smoke-Mojo was the clear winner.

Every Dec 24th I cook a whole pig ( 60-80lbs) in la caja china, this year that just might change to the DBS!!!  I was thinking of mounting the cold smoke attachment to the caja china...???  I'm sure it will work.  Will see what i come up with.

SamuelG
SamuelG

Tenpoint5

Only problem I see is there isn't nearly enough meat on that bread to call it a sammie!! Looks Great Sam glad it all worked out for you.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

BuyLowSellHigh

Hope you weren't surprised that your guests preferred the smoked version.

Quote from: SamuelG on December 11, 2010, 06:39:29 PM

Every Dec 24th I cook a whole pig ( 60-80lbs) in la caja china, this year that just might change to the DBS!!!  I was thinking of mounting the cold smoke attachment to the caja china...???  I'm sure it will work.  Will see what i come up with.

Hopefully CRG will catch this thread - he's a Cajun Microwave expert. Check out this post where he added a smoke pistol to one.
http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=18884.0

SamuelG

Well I knew that if they tried it they would love it.   What I did was I passed around bits of the toasted crust/bark with moist piece of meat attached to it,  this got everyones taste buds going.

All it takes is one small taste.

SamuelG

SamuelG