• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Foam steak, a ? for you on wings...

Started by SmokinMoe, August 25, 2005, 07:42:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foam Steak

Yummy.  Just finished off a dozen.  The jalapeno vinegar juice is a good addition.  You guys ever make infused vinegar?  My mind is turning with thoughts of smoked jalapeno infused vinegar, or maybe smoked habanero infused vinegar.  Thats going to have to wait because I am going hunting again in 1 day.  

Phone Guy, I used to work for a company that sent me traveling all over the western United States.  Breakfast, lunch, dinner every day for weeks at a different resturant.  I believe bad wings exist because I have tasted them.

Habanero Smoker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Foam Steak</i>
<br />Yummy.  Just finished off a dozen.  The jalapeno vinegar juice is a good addition.  You guys ever make infused vinegar?  My mind is turning with thoughts of smoked jalapeno infused vinegar, or maybe smoked habanero infused vinegar.....  <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
I make infused vinegar occasionally, usually with herbs and/or garlic. I generally purchase jalapeno infused vinegar, because it is fairly easy to find in my area; especially when the county fairs are held. Red jalapenos are difficult for me to find, and I feel they  are better for infusing. I smoked and dried a bunch of habanero and still have some left, I may try your idea of using them for infused vinegar. Now I have to decide if I want to use the tradition white vinegar, or use my favorite brand of rice vinegar.

Thanks for the idea.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

psdubl07

Well, this talk about vinegar reminds me of an old post regarding smoked vinegar.

http://www.bradleysmoker.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1308

I haven't tried it yet, but.....

Bud

Another variation for wing sauce I like is:
Melt 1 stick of butter add
1 jar of Durkee's sauce (a mustard/mayo blend)then add Frank's Red hot sauce to suit your taste.